• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
This time last week, we were all basking in the glory of a fabulous night away at Orient, dreaming of Wembley. Yet, 7 days on and the club finds itself in a desperate situation on and off the field.

At the end of the transfer window i can remember thinking that PS had done good business and the squad looked strong in all areas and ready for the final push of the season. In the space of a few weeks we now have an injury list consisting of:

Timlin, Tomlin - long term
Fred, Phillips, Barker, Laird, Lavery - short term
Leonard, Clohessy carrying knocks

and Cresswell suspended.

This has largely happend in the space of a week. Away at Oreint we were concerned that the team we put out might not be able to compete with Orient, but they did and did us proud. Of that team, potentially we could be missing Cresswell, Phillips, Barker, Lavery and Timlin, plus Clohessy and Leonard are carrying knocks apparently.

Last night i left deflated, yet i didnt think we played badly, more composure or luck in front of goal and a couple of decisions by the ref and we could / should have got something. A full strength SUFC would have done i believe.

Looking forward we are now very limited for options. The team that playes Saturday apart from Spillane is likely to be the one, barring injuries or suspensions that will have to take the field for Wednesday. I spoke with Barker who did say that he expects to be available for next Wednesday and also Phillips should be available for saturday.

WIth this in mind in guessing the line up for Saturday will be

Smith
Clohessy, Phillips, Prosser, Straker
Mayor, Hurst, Spillane, Leonard
Reeves and Britt

Wednesday

Smith
Clohessy, Phillips, Prosser, Barker
Mayor, Hurst, Leonard, Reeves
Britt and Corr

Thoughst anyone?

I wasn't there last night and have read mixed reviews on SZ since.
Some saying we were awful and others that we were unlucky.
I listened to BBC Essex , so can only make judgement based on the commentary , but apart from when they were distracted by a pizza being delivered to the press box , I have to say that the comments were mostly negative.

Now for a variety of reasons we are currently without several key players , but there's nothing we can do about that and have to get on with doing what we can with those we do have.
We ( as many teams do ) have quite a large number of very negative fans , who like to make their opinions known as much as possible at every home game.
Everyone is entitled to have an opinion , but at the games I have attended ( mostly in East Reds ) I find many of these 'types' to be quite ignorant of both the laws and application , but nevertheless love the sound of their own voices.

Yes we are having a tough time and going through a difficult period , but there is no point in spouting negative rubbish from the first minute to the last.
Tomlin and Smith came good and their attention has now moved to Straker , Woodyard and Spillane.

I just hope that we can get a bit more positive support on Saturday and that the feeling can be generated to the players from all parts of the ground ( the NB does a great job by the way ).
The Orient match is huge and has the potential for an historic day out at Wembley.
Don't let the team ( whichever one we put out ) go into it following two home games of abuse.

COYB !

Whose actually injured and will miss the next game or two? Hearing different things regarding Barker and Phillips?

Injuries are one thing, Cresswell's red was another, just ridiculous but it happens to the best and mildest mannered of players at some time or another.

I had a very brief chat with him i the East stand last night, he is a genuine bloke and seemed gutted - I just fear that his suspension will cost us the most.

Interestin what has been said about BBC Essex coverage. As i said, i thought on chances and overall play we should have got something from the game. The ref missed two blatant penalties and even in the first minute Reeves was tripped but stayed on his feet to get shot in...why no penalty?? Leonard fouled.... why no penalty, Britt fouled ..... why no penalty? They were a dreadful one dimensional team, who might as well not have a midfield, all they did was hoof it all night, we just didnt get the breaks. What made me laugh the most was listening to the radio on the way home and the guy from BBC Essex kept asking why we are being so negative towards the Ref and that he thought the ref had a good game........i rest my case!!!

shrimperjon said:
Interestin what has been said about BBC Essex coverage. As i said, i thought on chances and overall play we should have got something from the game. The ref missed two blatant penalties and even in the first minute Reeves was tripped but stayed on his feet to get shot in...why no penalty?? Leonard fouled.... why no penalty, Britt fouled ..... why no penalty? They were a dreadful one dimensional team, who might as well not have a midfield, all they did was hoof it all night, we just didnt get the breaks. What made me laugh the most was listening to the radio on the way home and the guy from BBC Essex kept asking why we are being so negative towards the Ref and that he thought the ref had a good game........i rest my case!!!
That was Glenn "Col U fan" Speller. He's a twonk at the best of times, but last night he raised his twonkishness to a whole new level.

Back