• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How sad am I?

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Just watched a DVD called Marley and Me, all about a couple who get a Lab early in their relationship. It shares their lives through the ups and downs including 3 kids a miscarriage and various career/location changes.

Then as always the dog gets really old and is put down in true Hollywood style.

Now......I think that I am a pretty tough blokey bloke, but i found myself getting all soppy at the end. The wife was greeting like a baby of course, but I thought that I would just shrug it of.........Guess it must be because we are now dog owners, that it got to me......what a ****ing woos I feel now.

Any of you lot ever got really moved/emotional over a film?

Last edited:
Several, but a animal/pet sort of thing will drop you every time. Try Old Yellow, don't forget the tissues.

So the tissues had nothing to do with the fact Jennifer Aniston is in it then?

Just watched a DVD called Marley and Me, all about a couple who get a Lab early in their relationship. It shares their lives through the ups and downs including 3 kids a miscarriage and various career/location changes.

Now......I think that I am a pretty tough blokey bloke, but i found myself getting all soppy at the end. The wife was greeting like a baby of course, but I thought that I would just shrug it of.........Guess it must be because we are now dog owners, that it got to me......what a ****ing woos I feel now.

The real choker for me was that they got through 15 labradors whilst filming that movie - enough to half fill a mini skip.

I read the book a few months back, that made me blub too. It also made me miss having a dog, haven't had one since I was a kid.

Also sports films can also get me emotional, no matter how cheesy the triumph is!

We had this film on a flight recently, the missus, and most of the passengers were balling their eyes out. can't say it moved me too much to be honest. Owen Wilson used to be funny, but now is just an annoying whiney ****

I'm in floods of tears right now. Our "Marley and Me" DVD party weekend has been booked for weeks and now I know the star is going to eat his last dog biscuit.

You've ruined it for everyone now Dave.

QUOTE]

What some posh actor dresses up as an evil English vet and throws the Dog from a burning out of control train whilst Mel Gibson effects a strange accent and tries to stop him..?

At the cinema I work part time at, the film 'My Sister's Keeper' has everyone in bits with tears. I walked into a sold out screen the other day half way through the film to make sure all was OK, and more or less everybody had tears running down their faces and tissues out in abundance.

Best avoid watching this Aberdeen, if you want your street cred. to remain in tact :D

At the cinema I work part time at, the film 'My Sister's Keeper' has everyone in bits with tears. I walked into a sold out screen the other day half way through the film to make sure all was OK, and more or less everybody had tears running down their faces and tissues out in abundance.

Best avoid watching this Aberdeen, if you want your street cred. to remain in tact :D

Exactly, my Mrs went with her mate to see this "abomination" last week and the two of them came back more upset than Jacko's daughter...

Films rarely get to me like that, but... back in the late eighties, I saw '84 Charing Cross Road' about a relationship built on correspondence between an American woman ordering books (from the US) and the manager of a bookshop (at 84 Charing Cross Road), a rather staid and conservative chap played superbly by Anthony Hopkins. This may sound a pedestrian scenario, but the effects of the ending had me in tears by the time I got out in the street - somewhere around Leicester Square, IIRC.

Last edited:
You not take the wife then? ;)

TAKE the wife???

It was a DVD Josh......I did not take her anywhere, well not until after the film had finished, then I took her over the dinning room table, after all it was our wedding anniversary!!!!

;)

Where is Dave and what have you done with him??

The only film that got the shoulders jumping was Schindlers List, very moving and shows the pure evil that can get into peoples minds.

Back