• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News How Southend United can add to their squad if players are injured

Whilst in squad numbers the 16 is key and injuries can be covered you can’t add to the squad if you have past 11+ a keeper if you are below 16 due to suspensions

The welfare of the players lies fully and squarely on the shoulders of the club.

No one is asking that a seriously injured player be forced to play, not that I would expect them to any way and ever since football has been around players have played with knocks.

But that’s physical and I personally see more of an issue with the mental stress due to their uncertain futures, doubts if they will be paid, the clear fact they aren’t being treated as professional players and above all the lack of respect shown to them by the clubs senior management

In the season to date just two. Of the games have been played midweek in effect it’s a game every 5 days which isn’t too onerous. It will become more challenging as the season progresses but again I go back to where the blame lies.

If and a big if the club weren’t able to put out 11 then they would have to get the game called off . Yep I know all about the competition and consequences of that happening but none of this is down to the league the rules re embargo have been in place for years and it’s RM actions or lack of actions
Ron can be 100% to blame (which he is) and the rules can be bad (which they are).

Back