• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane How the Mighty Shrimpers have fallen......Chelsea 1 Southend United 1

Remember it well, a great day out! Those great old days of exciting cup runs could be on their way back! 👍

This day 15 years ago. Oh the glory days. Did we go mental when Peter Clarke scored.

Remember it well. Was my sons first Southend game. He was 5 then and when Clarke scored I ran to the front like the other fans and my son just sat there watching us go mental.

He must have liked what he saw. 15 years later and he's been a season ticket holder ever since with me in the South Upper.

The most ****ed I’ve ever been at a Southend game! Met up with some cracking people from SZ back in the day. Don’t think any of them post on here anymore which is a real shame. They were great times as a supporter.

Who did take that flag!? :Whistling::Worthy::Smile:
Someone had to go there.

Poor Dave, I went for a curry with him and his wife afterwards. I was so ****ed I don’t remember him even talking about it. 😬

My youngest son & me did the Corporate Hospitality package in the West Stand. Very nice, but we were sat in the corner by The Shed, & were unable to see most of our fans in there.
Had arranged to meet a couple of Chelsea fans in The Butcher's Hook pub opp afterwards, & when leaving the West Stand, many of our fans were en route back to Fulham Broadway station.
Some of them thought we were Chelsea fans, & started giving us verbal!. I soon put them right!.
Later we headed off to 'The Goose' pub up the North End Road, to meet other Chelsea fans i know. Stayed there for a couple more hours, great pub with good beers. Can't remember when i got back to Leigh, but it was late!.
Debatable topic, but imo i've always thought our draw there, was a better achievement than beating Man Utd in 2006?.
Reason being Chelsea played their 1st team that day, in their stadium with the majority of fans cheering them on. O.k Man Utd played Rooney, Ronaldo & 4-5 other regulars, but not their 1st team down here, in a ramshackle ground compared to what they were used to?.

Cracking day out, and the Chelsea fans were pretty decent i thought.
Yeah, but it was our lot who remembered* Bill Garner at HT not theirs:-

"Big Bill Garner,

Eyes of blue,

6 foot 2,

He's coming after you."

They certainly didn't have a song for him and I 'd wager that most of their lot didn't even know who he was.:Winking:

Last edited:
Back