• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Our dear neighbours up the road are making their fans pay extra for the Spurs F.A. Cup game(Fair enough) but also making them buy tickets for their Chesterfield game on a Tuesday night, which most won't really want judging on attendances. So for example, £30 Spurs ticket plus £25 for the Chesterfield game. Talk about take the p out of your fans.

I work with 4 funny farm fans .And they said they know where they can stick there Tottenham tickets .They will be watching the game in local pubs n clubs in Braintree .I said after that they could go and watch Braintree town on sat afternoon .And get ready for the new local derby in 2 seasons time .:winking:

Our dear neighbours up the road are making their fans pay extra for the Spurs F.A. Cup game(Fair enough) but also making them buy tickets for their Chesterfield game on a Tuesday night, which most won't really want judging on attendances. So for example, £30 Spurs ticket plus £25 for the Chesterfield game. Talk about take the p out of your fans.

It's certainly caused some discussion but the majority are fairly comfortable - in reality the costs aren't that bad - £26 for Spurs ticket and £16.50 for Chesterfield game which only really applies to non-season ticket holders (full 1/2 or 1/4 packs)

Tickets were initially offered to fans on database with purchasing history so they have attended games this season and so shouldn't have the hump about buying a ticket for league game against Chesterfield.

Those that really have the hump are part-timers who rarely attend matches and only remember to support Col U for the bigger matches (derby against you, decent cup tie etc). Personally I have very little sympathy - we had 8000 home tickets available (including 600 hospitality) and they have all sold out - of course some local spurs fans have got their hands on them and won't turn up for Chesterfield game but at least we've got the additional money

There are very few people moaning on the message boards, a few numpties in the local rag moaning about fleecing the fans but they are the same idiots moaning we don't have a big enough playing budget to get in new players. Every penny from our gate receipts and profits from match-day sales (food, drink, programmes etc) go into budget so can't really complain about this cup run adding in circa £500k to budget,

Why are Colchester fans complaining now?

Surely they have been ripped off for generations?

Most aren't complaining at all!

BTW - hows it's going selling out your stadium for the derby?!- still not sold out despite being such a massive club with millions of fans etc?

I am sure that you could only buy tickets for our Home game against Spurs a few years ago if you had a voucher from the League game before , I recall the kick off being delayed twice (Torquay ?) and the queue for the Northbank snaking across the car park to the flats and some way back.

The delay was down to the vast number of people picking up their vouchers then shuffling backwards out of the turnstile and going home.

I have never queued for 3/4 of an hour to get into a game where there were about 3,000 in the ground

BTW - hows it's going selling out your stadium for the derby?!- still not sold out despite being such a massive club with millions of fans etc?

We've opened up part of the away end to home fans now as your mob have only just about reach 1,000 so far.

It's certainly caused some discussion but the majority are fairly comfortable - in reality the costs aren't that bad - £26 for Spurs ticket and £16.50 for Chesterfield game which only really applies to non-season ticket holders (full 1/2 or 1/4 packs)

Tickets were initially offered to fans on database with purchasing history so they have attended games this season and so shouldn't have the hump about buying a ticket for league game against Chesterfield.

Those that really have the hump are part-timers who rarely attend matches and only remember to support Col U for the bigger matches (derby against you, decent cup tie etc). Personally I have very little sympathy - we had 8000 home tickets available (including 600 hospitality) and they have all sold out - of course some local spurs fans have got their hands on them and won't turn up for Chesterfield game but at least we've got the additional money

There are very few people moaning on the message boards, a few numpties in the local rag moaning about fleecing the fans but they are the same idiots moaning we don't have a big enough playing budget to get in new players. Every penny from our gate receipts and profits from match-day sales (food, drink, programmes etc) go into budget so can't really complain about this cup run adding in circa £500k to budget,

The Jobserve East Stand is £30 Spurs and £25 Chesterfield. Don't forget that on a Tuesday night at the moment you would get less than 3000. So all those others can't be happy about it.

I'm not at all worried - makes no difference to us in any event but just makes me chuckle given how much your fans were slagging of U's that we can't sell out home fans for a derby and just over 1 week away you haven't either!

It's because until our new ticket system came in this season, we were all used to buying tickets in the week before the game. Lots of fans still do that.

No, we reached 1000 some time ago and last I heard had sold just over 1300 (a week or so ago) - we'll bring about 1500

Not quite is was between 1200-1300 according to your clubs official twiiter account, and it wasnt a week ago, it was 5 days ago. All being said, I do hope you bring 1500 by the time of the kick off.

You are forgetting that this game is far more important to you lot than it is to us.
It's life and death to you, but just another 3 points to us.

Seems fair enough to give priority to those who'll purchase a ticket to another match. Slightly unfair to specify which game.

It'll probably still be cheaper than Spurs fans are use to paying.

Think we did the same for the Man U game...
For the Man U game the game before v Hull City was made a voucher game. Mind you at the time we had over 6,000 season ticket holders so there were only about 2,500 home tickets that were available. We actually gave Man U nearly 2,500 away tickets as they had the NW corner as well.

Back