• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How to watch Southend United on National League TV

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
This has been covered on numerous threads already, but as that has always been within other discussions it's probably time that the subject had it's own thread. So if you've never enjoyed the delights of dodgy camera work and partisan commentaries at times, then here's what you need to do to watch a streamed game.

The National League have now been streaming NL games for two seasons and the webpage to access this service is here:

To use the service you must first register, not a difficult task, and it's free. The NL web page will tell you what games are being streamed at the time, by date, and also which games are available to your viewing region. Please remember that games are not normally available to domestic users (UK), however, if you are an exile (outside of the UK) then Southend games will be available for you to view. As with all things in life, there are exceptions and weekday matches (M-F) can usually be watched by domestic users as can games on Saturdays if it's an 'International games' weekend.

Zone users have found that it is advisable to use VPN* software to watch matches, as then, it doesn't matter what country you are in, the service will recognise you as an International user. The only marker on this is that the VPN must be set for a country other than the UK.

* Obviously ShrimperZone cannot formally recommend a VPN, but a list of the most popular ones in use is given below. No doubt Zone users will have used others as well, so please add to this thread if appropriate.

Having used the NL streaming service many times have come to the conclusion its not fit for purpose.Despite my numerous complaints to NL they have failed on many occasions to address the issues.Until they do I wont use the service and continue to use the radio service provided by BBC which is far superior especially with local knowledge

We need an account on Twitter/X that posts Southend goals from NLTV so the poor folk such as us can see them!

Having used the NL streaming service many times have come to the conclusion its not fit for purpose.Despite my numerous complaints to NL they have failed on many occasions to address the issues.Until they do I wont use the service and continue to use the radio service provided by BBC which is far superior especially with local knowledge
You tend to be right.
But as said, this is money for old rope as far as NL is concerned.
They're entirely dependent on a feed from clubs, and some, Maidenhead for example, are amateur in outlook and delivery - and in fact.
Our own is hardly exemplary.
The NL take a cut for doing zero.
My question is does NLTV monitor what they're offering and try to improve? One gets the impression they could care less.

On the VPN front had my fingers burned three years ago by some pirate offering what is mostly being offered here. I struggled with it; asked for my money back and was met with stony silence.
The question therefore is how reliable are the current crop of VPN providers?

The radio is only superior if you only want sound.

It's also pretty easy to have the radio on and match up the sound with the TV pictures if you don't like the provided commentary.

Some of the TV quality isn't great, but equally some it is good. Occasionally there's buffering. But overall I like the service - it's great for people who can't get to games.

On the VPN front had my fingers burned three years ago by some pirate offering what is mostly being offered here. I struggled with it; asked for my money back and was met with stony silence.
The question therefore is how reliable are the current crop of VPN providers?
VPN software has come a long way since it's introduction. There are many good reliable offerings on the market that enable you to watch games when 'abroad', but there are dodgy ones as well. You pays your money (or you don't) and you takes your choice.

VPN software has come a long way since it's introduction. There are many good reliable offerings on the market that enable you to watch games when 'abroad', but there are dodgy ones as well. You pays your money (or you don't) and you takes your choice.
...and therefore would welcome the word of fellow Zoners on the bona fide offerings.

I think it's important to remember that although the quality of this service can be a bit dodgy at times, as @Holy Joe says, sometimes it's pretty good as well. I personally would much prefer to watch a streamed game if I don't go to the away game, than listening to it only on the radio. Normally an away game for me and her will cost up to £100 with coach travel, tickets and food thrown in. In comparison £9.50 doesn't feel so hefty on the wallet to me.

Each to their own I guess, but this thread is about how to watch if you want to give it a try together with a few recommendations from Zoners thrown in.

I know it's unrelated to us but National League TV was not working for a large number of people this evening

Question. Due to ill health in our home, I need to get a TV pass. The match is on TNT which I am not a subscriber to, so does the one day Vanarama TV one day pass for the 26th count to allow access to the Southend game today?

Back