• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

how young!

haveaguiness

Coach
watching, whats was probably one of the best southend games for a while against what are a very strong team i couldn't help but think that i may have been watching 2 of the best young midfielders in the country.
sawyer works his socks off but also has class i mean, when he flicked it over the leeds player's head back heeled it to kanu and then carried on his run was unbelievable. we all know how good he is and although he was a little quiet the last few games i think he was back to his best tonight.
but i tell you what that fabian delph is one hell of a player. he looked like a seasoned pro, the amount of time and space he had on the ball was ridiculous, so calm and composed.
both i think will play in the premier league easily and i tell you what its young players like this that just add a little class to what is often a very physical league. would love to see both in the same midfield, preferably in a southend shirt but that aint gonna happen.

Delph is a bit special. If you've seen his goals from the weekend you'll agree both will be up there for goal of the season so far. Sawyer needs to add more goals and then he'd be pretty much sorted. It is brilliant to see young players being given their chances lower down and enabling clubs like ourselves to benefit too.

Sawyer is a superb talent, if only it was easier to keep him at the club for longer but doubt that will happen....and Delph tbh before seeing his goals on SSN i had never heard of him, but he looks something really special

Back