• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is a friend of a friend rumour, but there may well be some truth in this. I can't see Martin turning this down.

If he does go, I'd rather it was sooner than later so Brown can find a replacement.

There's a bit of noise about such a bid on the Hull board, but nothing too sensible. They have a rather large pot of money now to spend and they are a bit like kids in the sweetie shop.......just like we would be probably.

This is a friend of a friend rumour, but there may well be some truth in this. I can't see Martin turning this down.

If he does go, I'd rather it was sooner than later so Brown can find a replacement.
thought this sort of post might come up soon, it's so laughable:smile:

£2m....include add ons and a loanee or two or our way and I'd accept this all day long!!!

Could run the club for a year on that, maybe invest into the squad for a play off push!!!!

There's a bit of noise about such a bid on the Hull board, but nothing too sensible. They have a rather large pot of money now to spend and they are a bit like kids in the sweetie shop.......just like we would be probably.

Just like the old Fat Judus days .

Don't they have McGreggor who is arguably a Premier League keeper in his own right (linked with Liverpool last summer)? Ideally, if this was to happen, the possibility of a loan back may not be out of the question!

We have an England U19s keeper and people want a replacement?! Geez Ted would deffo want out if he doesn't play for Sarfend if/when Bentley goes. Cheers Bentley, you may leave if the money is right then arise Sir Teddy Smith. We can do with 2 keepers + the loan market?

I think Ted could do with a season longer, maybe a loan this season back down to league 2 to get some experience playing men's football. However if it's £2m upfront then we can't turn this down, far to much money

Ideally I'd like Ted to have a full season as no 2, but I can't seen us turning down a bid for Bents of that sum. Of course, it is all just rumours at the moment.

Will 2m be enough for Ron? Please, please, please let Ron get what he wants.

I'll get my coat....

Would make a change to substitute "Bentley" in for "Eastwood" when the inevitable phrase crops up in a few months:

"What happened to the Bentley money?!?!?"

Don't they have McGreggor who is arguably a Premier League keeper in his own right (linked with Liverpool last summer)? Ideally, if this was to happen, the possibility of a loan back may not be out of the question!

They lost Steve Harper who was their number 2 over the summer so presumably if Bentley did sign he'd be back-up to McGregor.

It could be that we're all just over-hyping the whole situation and that Bentley's going nowhere.

Back