• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys leaves for Rochdale

This has been going on a while and given the hole it leaves it would be disappointing if a replacement isn’t lined up. There is talk of Akinola ex Barnet, who knows.
let hope it’s him as he would be an decent league 2 forward for us and an upgrade over Humphrey!

Fair few strikers out there on a free at the moment. Akinola, Shaq Coulthirst, Devante Cole and Kwesi Appiah to name a few

Good riddance.

Never really warmed to him despite that Sunderland goal. He couldn’t wait to jump ship (who can really blame him?) and **** off back up north, keeping him would have done more harm that good. On his day he would be the best player on the pitch. unfortunately more often than not he was the laziest player on the pitch though.

When he first came to the club they spelt his name wrong, he left and they still spelt his name wrong. When he scores against us, we’ll still be spelling it wrong. All the best Stephen Humpryiesrsssrss thanks for the Sunderland game. Great moment.

There is a plyer in there somewhere. Glimpses of his ability throughout his time at the club but they became few and far between. Plays with his head down too often and is easy for defenders to read. Injury at Accrington had a bid impact on him. He probably needs a move and the fresh start.
Unfortunately, we're so short in terms of any quality that he will be missed. Says more about our predicament than Humphrys overall performances.

Under normal circumstances I'd be using this as proof of why we should avoid players from the North in most circumstances. They rarely settle. But can't begrudge Humphrys the move. He's been through a lot here and there have been times when the club has been pretty inadequate in its duty of care to him as an employee.

On a Rochdale forum they believe the fee to be around 175k but No one will know other than the 2 clubs involved.

If the move works for him then great, if we have got a fee we wanted then great. We only want happy players and people wanting to pull on the shirt so we move forward and find a replacement.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Two things that come to mind;

i) How far we’ve fallen to get ourselves in a situation that we have to sell our best striker to bloody Rochdale!

ii) Do Fulham really need the 25%? Rich club like them could surely waiver their cut to help us? They must be getting untold millions from their recent promotion to the PL.

unbelievable!

I think it's very easy to forget how young he is, maybe it's because of his physique, he looks a lot older than he is. Has all the ability to be an absolute machine but consistency levels and his actual application are where he struggles. You could always tell within the first 5 minutes of a game whether he was gonna have a good one or not

Of course, he had the horrendous injury and you have to say he hasn't really looked the same since and that's not a dig. An older player would have retired after literally getting their face broken.

You cant keep an unhappy player but you hold on for the best deal and we can only hope whatever the fee is that we get a good amount of it upfront.

I hope he goes on to fulfill his potential and I do feel that by going back home he is really maximizing his chances of doing that

Some embarrassing comments on Twitter already and they will be quick to jump on the mental health bandwagon but there's really no need for any ill feelings. Shake hands and go our separate ways

Two things that come to mind;

i) How far we’ve fallen to get ourselves in a situation that we have to sell our best striker to bloody Rochdale!

ii) Do Fulham really need the 25%? Rich club like them could surely waiver their cut to help us? They must be getting untold millions from their recent promotion to the PL.

unbelievable!
It’s 30% and they are not overly rich, yes rich owners, but they cannot just throw money in the club. Look at athe amount of loan deals they are looking at this summer, thats to rote the them in the case (maybe likely) that they go down

They are in better shape than us I would agree, and you never know they may waive all or part of out, but they certainly are not a rich club in the way others are

Well said Ayrshire. I believe SH is from Oldham. A return to Greater Manchester should suit him very well. I hope he fulfils his potential. As others have said, what he had to offer was made plain by his debut goals. And thanks for that goal v Sunderland, which really did feel like a promotion winner, even though it heralded the worst season in living memory. Good luck Stevie, and stay injury free !

I am sure he has the potential to go far, if it can ever be properly utilised. In the WH game we saw the best and the worst in the first half and virtually nothing in the second half. His goal, running at defenders with the ball before unleashing an unstoppable shot, we have seen quite a few times - the best. The penalty and the free header - the worst. After that he seemed to lack any appetite for the ball and faded into obscurity for the rest of the game. A maddening enigma and it will be interesting to see how he progresses back in his preferred location. We will always have Sunderland.

We’re in the advanced stages of negotiations with another player too.

As good as that sounds, given Ron's inability to do most things in a timely manner I'll hope rather than expect anything to happen in time for Saturday.

He will go one way or the other. Lots of ability and a great striker of the ball on one hand, but on the other he only performs in patches. If he does it more often he will go places. If he carries on having 3 or 4 games a season then we are better with some cash.

Good luck and thanks for

You mean he only performed when he was fit and not suffering from two serious injuries?

Back