• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know this is in very poor taste

Funnily enough I pondered this the other day while trying to get the dog to drop a dead pigeon it was proudly parading through the woods in attempt to impress other dogs. I'll go for:

Muhammed Ali - the outpouring of eulogies and grief will transcend even Diana.
Geri Halliwell - I can hope right?
The Pope - It takes all that time for one Pope to die, then you get two going together.
George Bush - Assassinated by bored housewife with a conscience.
Victoria Beckham - Drowns in own ego
Russell Brand - Asphixiated by own rectal passage in vein attempt to remove head from inside anus.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 03 2007,16:47)]rectums (or is it recti?).
Rectums.  It's an English word in an English context, therefore the English plural applies.

If one was using the word in Latin as part of a medical discussion, the plural would be recta.  All Latin nouns ending -um have a plural ending -a.

cool.gif

Other regular Latin endings:

Sing. Pl.

-us -i (alumnus, alumni)
-a -ae (cathedra, cathedram)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 03 2007,16:51)]
[b said:
Rectums.  It's an English word in an English context, therefore the English plural applies.

If one was using the word in Latin as part of a medical discussion, the plural would be recta.  All nouns ending -um have a plural ending -a.

cool.gif
Thank you, your holiness!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 03 2007,16:51)]
[b said:
I am truly worried about MtS.

He is an expert on Rectums and uses the phrase "Up the Gary".

Concerned of Leigh on Sea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 03 2007,11:25)]Terry Wogan no chance
What, absolutely none?

I'll plump (geddit?) for Bernard Manning, Robbie Williams and Murray Walker

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Jan. 03 2007,19:52)]The Queen
How many days off we will get for that? Official week of mourning plus the funeral I reckon.....and being a republican I'll be able to enjoy it whilst all the royalists are moping around wearing black armbands!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 04 2007,06:35)]
[b said:
How many days off we will get for that? Official week of mourning plus the funeral I reckon.....and being a republican I'll be able to enjoy it whilst all the royalists are moping around wearing black armbands!

tounge.gif
I think Phil the Greek might be a good shout.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 04 2007,06:35)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
Imagine if she was driving a minibus on the way to a family seal clubbing/whaling/grouse shooting holiday when she closed her account.

We would all get at least a week off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 03 2007,16:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Jan. 03 2007,16:41)]Russell Brand - Asphixiated by own rectal passage in vein attempt to remove head from inside anus.
Strangely dying in a similar fashion to Jamie Oliver in my earlier post. So, maybe they can die asphyxiated in each others rectums (or is it recti?).
Great minds old son.  
cool.gif

Thought of another one....Geoff Boycott.

Like his style but he's not been well for a while. Heard him this morning saying that he planned to "hang my MBE round the cats neck" on the basis that if the jokers masquerading as the England cricket team all got one for winning one series a couple of years back it was now meaningless.

I reckon the curse of the Countdown host will strike again, meaning bye bye to Des O'Connor. My other two choices are Shane MacGowan and Margaret Thatcher.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Jan. 03 2007,11:28)]Think we're due for a huge celeb to cork it unexpectedly this year. One along the lines of Michael Hutchence, so here's hoping it's W*nker Williams........
because steve irwin wasnt enough?!?!?!

George Bush Snr
Mr T
Mr Motivator
George Foreman
Hulk Hogan

Back