• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I need a plan...

Slightly odd question... How do i convince my parentals to let me go on the train to the Stockport game? (I'm 16) I need to go in with a good tactic otherwise they'll flatly refuse and i won't get my fix of proper football! I'd be going with my Blackpool fan friend on account that no-one else i know supports the blues!

Whilst it isn't as far as pretty much everyone else has to go they dont trust anything over the pennines...

Help!

Maybe see if someone that posts on here lives near to you, or at least arrange to meet someone off here at the match, that way they will know you will have an adult presence with you.

well i have no money and am dreading the next 3 years as i will not be able to come see the mighty blues:(

Slightly odd question... How do i convince my parentals to let me go on the train to the Stockport game? (I'm 16) I need to go in with a good tactic otherwise they'll flatly refuse and i won't get my fix of proper football! I'd be going with my Blackpool fan friend on account that no-one else i know supports the blues!

Whilst it isn't as far as pretty much everyone else has to go they dont trust anything over the pennines...

Help!

what route are you going?
i'm going from thornaby by train changing at york and manchester picadilly
and coming back via sheffield and darlington (for some reason the national rail enquiries website ofen recommends going one-way and coming back another)

i'd be going harrogate-york-manchester piccalli-stockport
not sure what times yet but If there's anyone going through leeds or possibly manchester that would be great help. Admitedly i could get there under my own steam fine but i just need parents approval! thanks very much!

not sure what times yet but If there's anyone going through leeds or possibly manchester that would be great help. Admitedly i could get there under my own steam fine but i just need parents approval! thanks very much!

i'm getting 11.21 from york which calls at leeds 12:08

alhtough not as much fun as goig to an away game at 16 if the worse comes to the worse you could always go on the shrimpers trust coach

You could always do what Bart Simpson does in the Simpsons when faced with a similar dilema.

Bart conivnces Homer that he has been selected to speak at a National Grammar Rodeo a few states away. He then knocks up a fake driving licence and he, Millhouse, Nelson and Martin (They need his money) go on a road trip.

Hope this helps?

Just tell them your on the same train as me I will even give you my number so your parents can ring me and I will let them know that I will make sure your safe if you like mate?

You could always do what Bart Simpson does in the Simpsons when faced with a similar dilema.

Bart conivnces Homer that he has been selected to speak at a National Grammar Rodeo a few states away. He then knocks up a fake driving licence and he, Millhouse, Nelson and Martin (They need his money) go on a road trip.

Hope this helps?

Yeah but then they will just be tempted to attend a world fair instead lol

ahh sorri im doing A2s and its hard enough trying to get out for home games specially with all my exams coming up
ive got 3 exams after the day after chelsea game:)

If you can't get your parents approval to travel by train on your own what makes you think they will relent if you say you are travelling with someone you met on an internet forum?

If you can't get your parents approval to travel by train on your own what makes you think they will relent if you say you are travelling with someone you met on an internet forum?

Fair point well made but is anyone going to try and abduct me and a 6ft ginner in some of the busiest train stations in the country. Which does raise the point of why we couldn't get there ourselves... Either way i'm going ot make sure i get there. I've asked now i'm just waiting for an answer whatever that may be.

Back