• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ideas for a Southend Flag!

Jack The Flag

One Step Beyond ♪
End of this season, when i get a job hoping to purchase a big Southend flag off of Barmy Flags. Any Ideas? UTB:support:

I was thinking of one with England flag. Different shades of Blue, and SUFC on each corner, and Essex or Essex boys across the middle? UTB

Me and a mate invested in a 12 ft by 6 ft flag sometime ago. It was quality with a large George Cross with Southend United across the middle, the lions rampant in one segment and the union flag in another. Used to take it to a fair few games until it got nicked on a jaunt to see England play in Georgia in Tiblisi in 1996.

End of this season, when i get a job hoping to purchase a big Southend flag off of Barmy Flags. Any Ideas? UTB:support:

Given the clubs financial plight I'd make the flag as vague and generic as possible just in case we cease to exist and you need to find someone else to support.

I'd suggest something like FOOTBALL! or SPORT! on a plain background.

Last edited:
I'd get a nice St George flag with:

Psychedelic Shrimpers on Acid

written across the middle in paisley lettering. In each corner section I'd have 'Break' 'On' and 'Through' and probably leave the bottom right blank or put a smiley there or some sh*t like that. If someone fancies doing a mock-up that'd be tremendous.

See if they can do you a Southend crest on each part of the Nepalese flag...

Nepal_flag.gif

Maybe go for something unique. eg not a st georges flag seeing as thats what every fan in england seems to be doing

Best one I have ever seen was Cambridge away a few years ago when Prior scored two.

St Georges flag with Southend United across the red and in the four corners it said "Ruling Essex since 1906".

Never seen it since but top effort.

I personaly wouldn't get Southend United on it you wanna get something different that stands out and is noticed oh and don't put your own name on it (pet hate of mine)

Id say a 12ft by 6ft is the best size and it will fit in every ground you go to (unless myself or maldon blues get there 1st)

Also if you go on barmy flags you can design what you want and it gives you a price

Good luck

Given the clubs financial plight I'd make the flag as vague and generic as possible just in case we cease to exist and you need to find someone else to support.

I'd suggest something like FOOTBALL! or SPORT! on a plain background.

Oh Cyril your'e such a wag.

duncan bulgaria has a pre made Aberdeen shrimper one for sale, pm him for details

hopefully over this weekend ill be getting back my Spread Eagle Flag that has not been flown from the South Upper for a little while as it was deemed to be
to big to fly without blocking the view of those below

its been at freinds house who has taken to a few England Games and i understand its not as clean as it first was

i need to get it cleaned but was wondering if anybody ele has washed there and does the colour run or is it best to dry clean it

As no longer drink in the Spread Eagle anymore its going to have a name change all going well and hope to have it back for the souhtampton game

hopefully over this weekend ill be getting back my Spread Eagle Flag that has not been flown from the South Upper for a little while as it was deemed to be
to big to fly without blocking the view of those below

its been at freinds house who has taken to a few England Games and i understand its not as clean as it first was

i need to get it cleaned but was wondering if anybody ele has washed there and does the colour run or is it best to dry clean it

As no longer drink in the Spread Eagle anymore its going to have a name change all going well and hope to have it back for the souhtampton game

Or just let me have it jolly

Back