• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Idiot in West, Block T

My main complaint about Francis is that he never seems aware, it is as if he is half-asleep all the time. Does he have trouble concentrating ?

Things I like about Francis:

1) When he goes down on the ground and stays there you know he's in pain. He doesn't fake injury, dive or roll around. And he gets up quickly whenever he can and gets on with it. So refreshing.

2) No matter how you feel about him, you must admit that technically he is one of our best players.

3) I don't feel the need to be envious of his looks. I guess my mummy made sure I left childhood with a decent self image. Or maybe I'm just plain gorgeous.

People are entitled to their opinions..........a few people on here get shirty if the likes of Macca or Franics are bad mouthed.

I am personally not a Franics fan!! And as for Macca, he needs a reality check too.

2) No matter how you feel about him, you must admit that technically he is one of our best players.

I would go futher than this, technically who is better than Francis?

I used to hate him , and I don't use that word litghtly , he looks lazy, he doesn't loose concentration, he just has an 'unusal' positioning style.(crap).
I now realise that he looks lazy because that is his style of play. but if you watch his footwork its brilliant.

are some of his passes crap, yes but only becasue he tries the more difficult stuff, aI think having Sankofa at right back this year has really highlighted this.

EMPTY VESSELS MAKE MOST NOISE !!!

Agreed that these idiots don't deserve to call themselves Southend United "supporters" as if anything they do the opposite!! More people should follow Hooly's lead + every true fan should shout down these muppets who slag off our players.

Funny how these mugs feel big enough to slag off + swear ( in front of kids + ladies ) when they have a couple of Sid Little type stooge characters muttering agreement yet every time a real fan actually reasons with them that they are Southend players they have no comeback...

There is an old git also in middle of West stand who picks his boo boys + regardless of performance/ability/skill says nothing positive all game instead waiting to berate his players. This season Barnard + Mildenhall are the chosen ones ... After Mildy's wonder double save friday night old Victor Meldrew was slagging him off saying he should have held both shots !!!! He really is a prize plum who is the finest advert for euthanasia ive ever had the misfortune of meeting.

So come on REAL fans .... tell the Brainless morons to shut up + get behind the team before the pessimism carries all round the ground.

BLUE ARMY!!!!!

francis gets the ball ***** himself and passes to the opposition then the ball falls to him to make an easy clearance instead ***** himself again and passes to the opposite along with a signed invitation to score their easiest goal of season.

he puts a decent cross now and again but come on 2/3 are high and wide a bit like maher. free-kicks are cack aswell. seen him do one good one and that was against great wakering.

imo its no coinsidence that the defence has looked as a jelly the last few weeks because m-voto isn't there. when he comes back we will get back i really do think that. when will tilly make a big commanding centre the priority in the team. all the talk is about left back left back. we need a perminant centre back surely everyone knows that!

We had a small bunch of about 5 morons in the South Upper a couple of seasons ago, slagging, not backing the team and picking on certain players. Fan power won the day, as they were shouted down by Hooly and a few others and they hardly say a word now, and don't slag any player off.
Yes, I know who you mean but I can't remember who it was they were having a pop at.

It think to be fair it was actually the great Homer who first challenged them to shut up & support the team, at which point they started on him so about 8 or 9 said "take him on if you want but the rest of us come too!". If anyone is going to abuse Homer it's his friends. But like you say they went very quiet & haven't said much at all since.

As you know I'm a miserable buuger at the best of times but generally keep it quiet enough that the players can't hear. Obviously apart from Graeme Jones!

cant understand why anyone would want to slag off francis whilst macca is on the pitch! francis has been far and away our best player so far this season ( with possibly mildy ) his crosses have set up a lot of barneys goals , in fact he is the only player we have who can put in a decent cross . we desperately need him back on the right hand side again . As for macca , cant pass , wont tackle , dont stop moaning , but on the plus side his diving is getting better.

cant understand why anyone would want to slag off francis whilst macca is on the pitch! francis has been far and away our best player so far this season ( with possibly mildy ) his crosses have set up a lot of barneys goals , in fact he is the only player we have who can put in a decent cross . we desperately need him back on the right hand side again . As for macca , cant pass , wont tackle , dont stop moaning , but on the plus side his diving is getting better.

Better game from Macca than the statuesque Grant, one-half Laurant and the currently in-hiding Moussa! Thank **** for Macca i say.

Seriously, a few players need to knucle down to start getting the points back on the table. The whole squad can try so much harder, they are very competent players, the lot of them but we need to see so much more.

Here here!

Individually we do have some very good players at this Club, and players that can help us to challenge for the play-offs but its not coming together for one reason or another.

francis gets the ball ***** himself and passes to the opposition then the ball falls to him to make an easy clearance instead ***** himself again and passes to the opposite along with a signed invitation to score their easiest goal of season.

he puts a decent cross now and again but come on 2/3 are high and wide a bit like maher. free-kicks are cack aswell. seen him do one good one and that was against great wakering.

imo its no coinsidence that the defence has looked as a jelly the last few weeks because m-voto isn't there. when he comes back we will get back i really do think that. when will tilly make a big commanding centre the priority in the team. all the talk is about left back left back. we need a perminant centre back surely everyone knows that![/quote]

Talk about stating the obvious MTS! Unfortunately the bl**ding obvious is all but invisible to some in football. Lets face it Barratt was not good enough last season to play central defence and was shipped out to LB at the expense of Herd. This season he is the 'main man' with a make-shift partner - a recipe for disaster - and Francis suffers abuse for being played out of position. Tilly gets stick and where does this all stem from.......the man at the top with his dreams!

A couple of seasons ago I sat in front of (nothing worse) a complete twonk who slagged Gower off at every opportunity. Didn't matter how he played or what he did, he got it in the neck. The season before, it was Mahers turn and now he slags off Francis.

Although Francis has played very well this season, he did have a stinker on Friday.

1st goal, although controversial, was initially a free header for Lambert. Francis was supposed to mark him for all corners and set plays in our half. Francis didn't even move!

2nd Goal, he did try to follow Lambert but unfortunately the ball landed at his feet and he 'passed' it to Schneirderlin with a weak left foot.

For the last goal, Francis was caught ball watching and failed to read the flick on or check to see Lallana was on his shoulder, schoolboy stuff really!

A couple of seasons ago I sat in front of (nothing worse) a complete twonk who slagged Gower off at every opportunity. Didn't matter how he played or what he did, he got it in the neck. The season before, it was Mahers turn and now he slags off Francis.

Although Francis has played very well this season, he did have a stinker on Friday.

1st goal, although controversial, was initially a free header for Lambert. Francis was supposed to mark him for all corners and set plays in our half. Francis didn't even move!

2nd Goal, he did try to follow Lambert but unfortunately the ball landed at his feet and he 'passed' it to Schneirderlin with a weak left foot.

For the last goal, Francis was caught ball watching and failed to read the flick on or check to see Lallana was on his shoulder, schoolboy stuff really!

this man?
n771372888_436006_6323.jpg

what a twonk!

this man?
n771372888_436006_6323.jpg

what a twonk!

Hey no need for that, I've just eaten my lunch.

Certainly looks like a complete twonk but no it's not him.

Is his birth certificate and apology letter from the condom factory?

Thats why he's a right back and not a centre half. He needs to get away from Roots Hall so that his career can progress......or not.

Back