• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
EVERY Southend United fan would have thought them bonkers in the Summer of 2003.

Please read below the incredible roll of failure during the Ron Martin years. Surely the man should bow his head in shame. The list ONLY reads:

LDV Trophy Final - Cardiff
LDV Trophy Final - Carfiff
Play-off Final WINNERS - Cardiff
Beat Manchester United
Division 1 CHAMPIONS
LDV Final - WEMBLEY - Took 32,000 supporters
Reached Play-Offs - 2007
Reached Play-Offs -2012
Reached Play-Offs -2014

Surely he has to go with such abject failure after the non-stop glory of our previous Chairmen.

Ps. May even, possibly be a new stadium. You never know!

I will admit in the late 90s yearly 00s it looked like we would never achieve anything ever again! Darkest times for me! Although I am sure those of you around for the dross of the mid 80s will testify

I will admit in the late 90s yearly 00s it looked like we would never achieve anything ever again! Darkest times for me! Although I am sure those of you around for the dross of the mid 80s will testify

We have had some good times in the last ten years. Lets hope for even better days to come.

EVERY Southend United fan would have thought them bonkers in the Summer of 2003.

Please read below the incredible roll of failure during the Ron Martin years. Surely the man should bow his head in shame. The list ONLY reads:

LDV Trophy Final - Cardiff
LDV Trophy Final - Carfiff
Play-off Final WINNERS - Cardiff
Beat Manchester United
Division 1 CHAMPIONS
LDV Final - WEMBLEY - Took 32,000 supporters
Reached Play-Offs - 2007
Reached Play-Offs -2012
Reached Play-Offs -2014

Surely he has to go with such abject failure after the non-stop glory of our previous Chairmen.

Ps. May even, possibly be a new stadium. You never know!

Not bad. Never dreamed that would happen when I started watching Blues. RM is not God, he can be a naughty boy but we have not been in administration (the actions of a bounder and a cad IMHO) and if he delivers the stadium then his stock will be high in my eyes at least.

Steve Tilson did a fantastic job achieving most of these highlights before Ron destroyed everything he had created.

I was thinking this the other day, about the last decade, and it hasn't been boring.

The last 11 seasons

2004 - LDV Final
2005 - LDV Final and Play Off Win
2006 - Champions of League One
2007 - Quarter Final of League Cup (and relegation)
2008 - Losing play-off
2009 - Just missed out on play-offs
2010 - Relegation
2011 - Mid Table Obscurity
2012 - Losing play-offs
2013 - JPT final
2014 - Losing play-offs

Steve Tilson did a fantastic job achieving most of these highlights before Ron destroyed everything he had created.

Tilly did a great job and we should remain thankful.
It had however, all disintegrated and sadly we ended up back where we started.
Tilly was fantastic at a moment in time. The moment had possibly passed.

How many more similar "homage to Ron" threads have we to look forward to?

It didn't "disintegrate" by itself you know.

Yeh because Ron stopped paying them lol. End of discussion.....even the players said so themselves.

The achievements listed were achieved under the Chairmanship of RM.

Look, I am no fan of RM. I am a fan of our club and at the moment there is NOBODY else going to run it..
So you are screaming for change...without 1% of an idea of what that change is!!

If you have 1% of an idea..then stop bleating about RM and actually put a POSITIVE proposal together.

We have to put up with endless mindless threads about Ron going...with not a single alternative. So I will post as many as I wish about a guy, love him or loathe him, that has so far kept the club afloat and brought us a fair degree of success.

And...i do not wish to criticise a man who did so much good for Southend United. But where did Tilly take Lincoln City? The Prem? Or....the Conference?

The achievements listed were achieved under the Chairmanship of RM.

Look, I am no fan of RM. I am a fan of our club and at the moment there is NOBODY else going to run it..
So you are screaming for change...without 1% of an idea of what that change is!!

If you have 1% of an idea..then stop bleating about RM and actually put a POSITIVE proposal together.

We have to put up with endless mindless threads about Ron going...with not a single alternative. So I will post as many as I wish about a guy, love him or loathe him, that has so far kept the club afloat and brought us a fair degree of success.

Now I think you must be on wind up. Either that or there is something wrong with you mentally

I was thinking this the other day, about the last decade, and it hasn't been boring.

The last 11 seasons

2004 - LDV Final
2005 - LDV Final and Play Off Win
2006 - Champions of League One
2007 - Quarter Final of League Cup (and relegation)
2008 - Losing play-off
2009 - Just missed out on play-offs
2010 - Relegation
2011 - Mid Table Obscurity
2012 - Losing play-offs
2013 - JPT final
2014 - Losing play-offs
I know most of it is a very near miss but when you compare this to the first 20 or so years of my support from 1967 I know which I have enjoyed more.

Indeed.....I been around since 1982......the last 10 years have been the best and worst rolled into some crazy terror rollercoaster ride......love it to bits....can not wait to strap in next season and go again

Now I think you must be on wind up. Either that or there is something wrong with you mentally

Mental health issues aren't something to be joked about. It's rather sad you have to resort trying to say someone has mental health issues because they put forward a reasoned argument.

I don't see any plausible argument from you, just saying the same thing over and over again

Nice to see Ron has employed a new local (to him) marketing and public relations consultant :smile:

I was saying the same thing to Em earlier! Also had trip(s) to Spurs and played Chelsea a couple of times too...

Its been emotional!

So you have no answer then?

Try a bit of debate rather than accusing someone of being a nutjob!

No, I genuinely believe he must be on a wind up mission.

It is getting boring bringing it up again because some people have forgotten.
- SUFC debts are a lot higher than when Ron come here.
- Ron stated we will be in a new (23k seater?) stadium within 3 years after we were promoted to the Championship. We are not. His current plan years later is to build a small 3 sided stadium which will not benefit us much more than staying at Roots Hall.
- Ron failed to pay SUFC staff and bills on several occasions.
- Ron refused to pay monies owned to ex players staff when they left the club.
.....These are only a handful

To counter which in my opinion is a silly statement suggesting we have no other options than Ron is very simple. We are not for sale so how on earth would we know who would be interested in buying the club. Someone who lives a few houses along from me are moving. They didn't have any offers for the house until it went up for sale.

Back