• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Original Question: Good reception or boo?

• Total voters

Jamie Manktelow

Youth Team
If he was hired as manager for another club who comes to the Hall, would you give good reception for no reason?, Or Boo him for keeping us in LEague 2 for four miserable seasons, and wasting money on spillane, spicer, flood, smith, bouzid, Dave Martin, Elliot Benyon, all spent money on, to leave us still having not paid 3 of those players........

I'd cheer him for stopping us becoming like Stockport, taking us to our first Wembley final and for bringing us transfer money that far outweighed the ones above (debatable if they were his signings or not).

He probably made about 40 signings in his time here, if 7 were bad then 33 must have been ok. Sounds like a good ratio to me.

The style of play wasn't great, but beggars can't be choosers, although some fans still believe we have a "right" to be playing in the Championship week in week out.

Really?

Cheer him of course. He did an excellent job in difficult circumstances, particularly in his first 2 seasons and was a honourable man throughout

I'd cheer him for stopping us becoming like Stockport, taking us to our first Wembley final and for bringing us transfer money that far outweighed the ones above (debatable if they were his signings or not).

He probably made about 40 signings in his time here, if 7 were bad then 33 must have been ok. Sounds like a good ratio to me.

The style of play wasn't great, but beggars can't be choosers, although some fans still believe we have a "right" to be playing in the Championship week in week out.

More players havent performed but i got exhausted typing so much useless crap in one sentance.

Really?

Cheer him of course. He did an excellent job in difficult circumstances, particularly in his first 2 seasons and was a honourable man throughout

I'd personally boo him, yeah really only had 1 good season, in which he kept Peter Gilbert LB and bottled being top of the league for so long, boring football, spent actual money bring Elliott Benyon, and now still havent paid 3 of the worst players i have ever seen at southend for 16years i have been watching

Really?

I agree did an excellent job at a bad time Talking of ratios Dick Bate 8 games Ramsey and Young signed .

Had to build a side in 2 weeks, did well first season,after that not so good poor signings poor football nice man

If he was hired as manager for another club who comes to the Hall, would you give good reception for no reason?, Or Boo him for keeping us in LEague 2 for four miserable seasons, and wasting money on spillane, spicer, flood, smith, bouzid, Dave Martin, Elliot Benyon, all spent money on, to leave us still having not paid 3 of those players........

It's very difficult to take this post seriously when the poster can't even get his facts right. Sturrock was manager for 2 years and nine months. Not 4 years. In that short time Sturrock got us 83 points which in most seasons would be a top two place. And a Wembley appearance.

The person who started this thread clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. Sturrock did a great job while he was at Southend but for him our rivals would be Concord Rangers. If he does comeback as manager of another side to Roots hall he would get a great reception and the only ones to boo him would be idiots who know nothing about football.

I don't like booing people who do their best and things don't quite work out for them (& us). That said; I booed Bailey but he is an exception. I believe the positives of PS outweigh the near misses. Finally I enjoyed Barry Fry's time here and he certainly bought a lot of not so good players BUT he (and same with PS) had a huge change over of playing staff.

Moronic original question, IMO...I'd give PS a standing ovation personally!:smile:

Back