• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we go up, who would you sign

If Forest stay down, then I'd say Junior Agogo. Mate of mine is from Ghana so we watched every African Nations cup this winter and, f*ck me, he's awesome. Just the right type of forward I feel we haven't got... Someone who's built like a brick sh*t house and knows where the net is, The type of player you want fighting for goals when you're in a scrap.

I'd say a front combination of Walker, Barney, Revell, Agogo and Hooper is considerably better and more diverse than the one we had the last time in the CCC.

HRK on a season long loan and, if there are doubts over Scannell's fitness, another winger.

Mulgrew. Permanently.

If Forest stay down, then I'd say Junior Agogo. Mate of mine is from Ghana so we watched every African Nations cup this winter and, f*ck me, he's awesome. Just the right type of forward I feel we haven't got... Someone who's built like a brick sh*t house and knows where the net is, The type of player you want fighting for goals when you're in a scrap.

I'd say a front combination of Walker, Barney, Revell, Agogo and Hooper is considerably better and more diverse than the one we had the last time in the CCC.

HRK on a season long loan and, if there are doubts over Scannell's fitness, another winger.

Mulgrew. Permanently.

Agogo is off to Europe this summer, as there are several team who are apparently after him. He made a big impression in the ACN for Ghana in January. Its a shame we missed out on him a few years ago, as we may have stayed up with him.

He is lacking in the height department, but is actually quite good in the air considering. I don't think he lacks in the strenght department.
It's his emposing style of play that we need I feel. Someone who can run through walls and scare (well, kind of) the opponents. Bentley was a menace and gutting that we lost him a couple of season ago, he could have been the answer to our problems.

Surely the first 2 cannot be labelled as "top" players. Sorry. Both are tosh, just ask the Luton fans. Quite why Andrew's name keeps coming up as possibly a good signing I really can't understand. We got lucky he turned us down in January. He can't even get in this God awful Luton side! 4 goals this season. Parkin has come back and got 4 goals for them in a third of the amount of games that Andrew has played.

Spring would be a player I'd really like us to sign though.

Andy Bishop from Bury?

Rumour has it Heffernan could be on his way out of Doncaster?

Steve Elliott at Bristol Rovers is a decent no nonsense centre half.

Always liked Michael Nelson from Hartlepool, not just for that goal he scored at Brentford 2 years ago either!

Heffs looks to be on his way out of the KM, can't deal with SOD's style of play, probably would do better at Southend, one warning he never plays a full season, very injury prone.

Also don't forget bournemouth will too be having a clear out, besides Vokes, others such as Downing will be looking for new clubs.

Couldn't agree more. People seem to judge both Talbot and Andrew on the Liverpool game. Talbot gets in the right positions but can't score - ANdrew puts it about but never gets in the right positions. Would not improve the squad one little bit. David Bell on the other hand.

Double Agree.

Talbot is absolute cack and Andrews is a cart horse.....

David Bell I like as well as the Edwards bloke they had.

I want someone like Tommy Black except this player would have ability, score goals, run a bit, tackle, be brave, get stuck in and generally care.

Heffs looks to be on his way out of the KM, can't deal with SOD's style of play, probably would do better at Southend, one warning he never plays a full season, very injury prone.

Also don't forget bournemouth will too be having a clear out, besides Vokes, others such as Downing will be looking for new clubs.

He still gets a decent return of goals for you though doesn't he? He's someone I would really like to suppliment our forwards.

I want someone like Tommy Black except this player would have ability, score goals, run a bit, tackle, be brave, get stuck in and generally care.

Don't forget that player also wouldn't look like he's just come out the local homeless shelter.

David Bell I like as well as the Edwards bloke they had.

As in Carlos Edwards, formerly with Wrexham, then signed by Luton...?

Sadly, I think he's doing quite well with the Mackems in the Premiership - although perhaps we should put in a cheeky bid, to see if he remembers us from our LDV cup days...

:finger:

Matt, I imagine he means David Edwards, who joined up with Freddy and Kights at Wolves. ;)

Lisbie and Jackson from the Village Idiots as it would underline our superiority and I think they're both decent. Scott McGleish deserves to play at a higher level, and he's a good lad.

Paul Ifill from Crystal Palace.

Ifill could not get in to the Sheffield United side under Warnock and was sold to Palace, and now that Warnock is at Selhurst Park Ifill will probably make another move this summer.

He is good with both feet, and strong and can play on either side of midfield.

I genuinly think this move will happen if we go up.

Other players I can see us going for are:-

Kevin Lisbie

Matt Lockwood

David Connelly

Good shout with Ifill. We tried for him before he went to Palace when we had no hope. Might just have more of a chance these days if we did make it up.

Jason Puncheon. Able to play on either wing. Pacy, can score goals, not bad at free kicks. Think JCR with more end product.

If we go up we have to learn the lessons of our last period in ze championship. Looking back our squad was so small we never stood a chance. I'd like to see us since at least 1/2 centre backs, 1 full-back (hopefully Mulgrew), 1 winger, 1 central midfielder and a striker.

Back