• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will it be a bigger or smaller crowd than last years JPT final?

Much smaller, I could potentially see a sub 20k turnout from us.

Reasons:
1. Fair-weather fans will have already 'done' Wembley last year
2. There's less time to book tickets/make plans
3. It's closer to exam periods etc.

Much smaller, I could potentially see a sub 20k turnout from us.

Reasons:
1. Fair-weather fans will have already 'done' Wembley last year
2. There's less time to book tickets/make plans
3. It's closer to exam periods etc.

I think we would just break 20k, as you say less notice etc.

Smaller. That's no bad thing.

The ticket office might cope a bit better and there might actually be an atmosphere.

I couldn't make the L2 playoff final in 2005. By all accounts the smaller crowd made for a better atmosphere - is that right?

Id personally rather have 25,000 and a poorer atmosphere than 6,000 "hard core".

As its a game that actually means something Id hope the atmosphere would be better anyway.

I couldn't make the L2 playoff final in 2005. By all accounts the smaller crowd made for a better atmosphere - is that right?

Absolutely, I done all three cardiff trips, the first two LDV, no singing, chants, nothing just too many daytrippers, the play off final however was a different kettle of fish, I was in the block of supporters on the side and I lost my voice that day due to the singing etc....but so many missed it for various reasons, my dad for example is the reason I am a blues nut, it was just too short notice even for him, work etc etc. Take wembley...30k + and hardly a whimper, I for one will say hang the expense if we get there and ensure I amsitting with the TBV bods and ave it Large

The question seems to have been about the total crowd rather than just our support. I'd say it would be a bit bigger.

Smaller like it was for Cardiff.

Not a bad thing as it really got to me when 99% of fans didn't make any attempt to sing, support, clap the side...

Smaller like it was for Cardiff.

Not a bad thing as it really got to me when 99% of fans didn't make any attempt to sing, support, clap the side...

90% of Roots Hall dont at every game. Whats the difference?

Absolutely, I done all three cardiff trips, the first two LDV, no singing, chants, nothing just too many daytrippers, the play off final however was a different kettle of fish, I was in the block of supporters on the side and I lost my voice that day due to the singing etc....but so many missed it for various reasons, my dad for example is the reason I am a blues nut, it was just too short notice even for him, work etc etc. Take wembley...30k + and hardly a whimper, I for one will say hang the expense if we get there and ensure I amsitting with the TBV bods and ave it Large

Well, I have to say that I went to the Crewe Final and funny to say, the result really didn't seem important to me. Of course I would have liked us to win but in the end it was only a Tin Pot Trophy. If we are back there in May I can tell you that, for me, it will be totally different, I will be over the moon if we win and devestated if we lose.
As well as it being a 'non important' trophy, the crowd weren't exactly lifted by any of the three 'JPT' performances. They were silenced after two minutes when Murphy scored for Blackpool and coincidently silenced again after six minutes by another Murphy, this time playing for Crewe. Against Wrexham they were probably bored to death in a goalless 90 minutes. So, three 'JPT' Finals and not a goal to cheer.
OK there wasn't a goal in regular time against Lincoln............but there was SO much more to play for. I'd be disappointed if we didn't take a rather similar crowd to last time, especially given our proximity to London. It's a while back now but our play-off final came on the back of two defeats at Cardiff and I don't think getting down there was particularly cheap. Anyway, let's just hope we can test these theories in next month's Final! :smile:

I reckon between 15-20 thousand for Southend. As for the opposition, its hard to say. Fleetwood, York and Chesterfield (assuming its one of them) are a long way away from Wembley and I would think they will struggle to achieve much beyond 7-8 thousand. On that basis the total crowd is very unlikely to exceed 30 thousand tops. It would be great to have a really good atmosphere but I will settle for stuffing whoever we play and getting out of this god awful division.

Let overcome our bogey side, Burton first!! Then see what happen! As there is every chance we will face them over two leg.

Well, I have to say that I went to the Crewe Final and funny to say, the result really didn't seem important to me. Of course I would have liked us to win but in the end it was only a Tin Pot Trophy. If we are back there in May I can tell you that, for me, it will be totally different, I will be over the moon if we win and devestated if we lose.
As well as it being a 'non important' trophy, the crowd weren't exactly lifted by any of the three 'JPT' performances. They were silenced after two minutes when Murphy scored for Blackpool and coincidently silenced again after six minutes by another Murphy, this time playing for Crewe. Against Wrexham they were probably bored to death in a goalless 90 minutes. So, three 'JPT' Finals and not a goal to cheer.
OK there wasn't a goal in regular time against Lincoln............but there was SO much more to play for. I'd be disappointed if we didn't take a rather similar crowd to last time, especially given our proximity to London. It's a while back now but our play-off final came on the back of two defeats at Cardiff and I don't think getting down there was particularly cheap. Anyway, let's just hope we can test these theories in next month's Final! :smile:

Totally this, I was a nervous wreck the entire match until Juppy scored as it meant so much. It was just a day out for all the JPT games, and losing didnt upset me too much. If we reach Wembley I doubt Ill be in good voice as Ill be too nervous to sing. In terms of the atmosphere between the JPT and play off finals, I didnt notice too much difference in atmosphere, I was in disbelief as why we only took 6k though.

Agree 100 per cent.....one of my dreams was to see us at Wembley. ...I didnt care about the result.....play off final however.......

Id personally rather have 25,000 and a poorer atmosphere than 6,000 "hard core".

As its a game that actually means something Id hope the atmosphere would be better anyway.

hated the big wembley crowd, was surrounded by so many day trippers saying what a **** club southend was etc etc. I would much rather be surrounded by people who actually care about the club. The 6000 at Millenium Stadium was a million times better than the 2 previous appearances

Back