• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you're depressed about not being promoted.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
If your a bit depressed about not being popmoted, just remember that over the last thirty six years we have been promoted eight times in 1971-72 1977-78 1980-81 1986-87 1989-90 1990-91 2004-05 and 2005-06. If that doesn't help think what it's like being a Rochdale fan.

Granted they reached wembley this year (and lost) but their last promotion was in 1969 when they finished in 3rd place and were promoted from the 4th division to the 3rd Division. They gained promotion by beating us 3-0 I was there.

However this only lasted 5 seasons before relegated back to the basement division, winning just twice all season and crowds dropping below 1,000 several times.

In the next 14 years they failed to finish in the top half the table. They have spent the last 34 years in the bottom division and only finished in the top 10 eight times the highest being 5th twice reaching and losing in the play offs each time. There fans have had it rough.

Perhaps things aren't so bad being a shrimper!!!

Good Point! i was really dissapointed at our performance at doncaster but we had an excellent second half to the season and i cant wait for next season! Proud to be Southend.

i would love to see rochdale go up although we would have to explain to their fans what to do and how to celebrate as most wouldn't have experienced it before.

I really wanted Rochdale to go up on Monday, poor sods.

Thank God for the Blues!

can't imagine the leeds scum would be too impressed having Rochdale and col ewe on their fixture list, how funny would that have been Rochdale v Leeds in league 1.

puts into perspective that we have no divine right to be promoted, and in fact our history is mainly a bottom dwelling club. Yes I know times change, but we are NOT historically a consistant CCC level club.

I really wanted Rochdale to go up on Monday, poor sods.

Got a text from my mate last night who had just produced the live radio feed from the Stockport County open-top bus parade.

Ironically, as a Watford fan, he has to keep using the nickname "Hatters" through gritted teeth!

can't imagine the leeds scum would be too impressed having Rochdale and col ewe on their fixture list, how funny would that have been Rochdale v Leeds in league 1.

No matter, they'll think the same about Hereford v Leeds

Got a text from my mate last night who had just produced the live radio feed from the Stockport County open-top bus parade.

Ironically, as a Watford fan, he has to keep using the nickname "Hatters" through gritted teeth!

No matter, they'll think the same about Hereford v Leeds

We have already been. Its not where you go, its who you go with ;)

Its a sad story that about Rochdale, but I was delighted to see Stockport County promoted. I have a lot of family around that area, and I'm praying Stockport away is on a saturday, means I will be up there on the lash with my Uncles.

Its a sad story that about Rochdale, but I was delighted to see Stockport County promoted. I have a lot of family around that area, and I'm praying Stockport away is on a saturday, means I will be up there on the lash with my Uncles.

Did anybody read 442's article on Rochdale? I was really hoping they did it.

Back