• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News *IMPORTANT* Please take part in the Shrimpers Trust supporter engagement survey and have your say in the club's future!

Just done this. Well done all concerned, some great ideas coming through.
I must admit to thinking not enough was being done but clearly I was wrong, it was
more that a lot was gonna on behind the scenes that wasn’t common knowledge. I just hope it’s not all too late to have a successful impact on the club 🤞

Agreed I have been scathing of the trust previously but in the last few months I have been blown away by their professional pragmatic orthodox and unorthodox approach to getting the word out .. fair play I was wrong keep it up
Well said - fair play to the Trust. Those in charge have been brilliant. I hope (for all our sakes clearly, but especially for those who have put so much time and effort in) that their efforts are rewarded as they deserve to be.

As part of the Shrimpers Trust’s commitment to explore every potential avenue in our efforts to safeguard the future of Southend United, we are inviting all supporters of the club to participate in a crucial piece of research.

The coming days and weeks are arguably the most important ever in the 117-year history of our club. We have learned that Justin Rees and his consortium have tabled bids to take ownership from Ron Martin; the Shrimpers Trust have lodged an Expression of Interest in applying to the UK Government’s Community Ownership Fund to potentially deliver Roots Hall into the hands of the local community; and all the while the spectre of administration, or worse, liquidation, looms large.

This 15-minute survey - our largest, most extensive and most important supporter consultation to date - will be open to all Southend United fans until 5:00pm on Friday 29th September 2023.

We urge you to take a quarter-of-an-hour to participate as your answers will provide us with crucial insight about your matchday experience. Not only that but, if our work to embed supporter involvement in the running of the club into Southend United's next ownership model proves successful, your survey answers will tell us how you feel you can contribute to the future, whatever that holds, and allow you to have a tangible say in the direction of travel.

So, thank-you in advance for your participation.

Shrimpers Trust members will receive a link directly via email and should use that to access the survey, but all other fans should simply click the link below to get started!

Click here

View attachment 28936
Completed, excellent survey

Done, but as I now live in Cumbria opportunities to visit Roots Hall are few. I do attend as many away matches within a hundred miles or so.

Having lost Barrow, Carlisle, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Bolton, Wigan, Preston, Accrington and so on it's now a meagre diet available for me.

Back