• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In the brown stuff!

Winkle

Manager
I have tried everything, Lucky scarf, one glove off, one glove on,swapped from snickers bar at halftime back to minstrels(AKA OUR TITLE WINNING SEASON) I would even contemplate being teatotal for a month if we could stop conceeding stupid goals but if I am truthfully honest I dont think it would make any difference.....I'm very worried..... There allways seems to be a side who bobs along in midtable around December with not much to play for but pride that gets into a bad run of form and gets sucked into a relegation battle and although I generally believed we had the players(not the quality) to steer clear of this, I think that maybe its our time this season I'm afraid.
We have a workman like midfield bereft of any quality, a defence that spluts and puffs and a strike force that have been thrown together in sheer desperation to grab any scraps that might come there way. We have to many loanees with not much quality either which in my view is preety pointless (Baldwin exception) as Like last season this gives a false account of were we are in football terms....it just has not worked and I cant see it working either, sorry! Do i blame tilly? for to many loan signings, yes I do, for being were we are in the league, no I cant. The players wages stuff seemed to coincide with our recent form or rather lack of it and as undoutedly affected the team, so Hold your hands up "Ron" and sort it out as any rallying call that tilly gives before a game goes out the window when the players and staff check there bank accounts at the end of the month.
There is hope and believe me when I say that I am the most optimystic person on the planet, but we are in the brown stuff for sure. We need to get at exeter next week early, and take no prisoners and It does not matter how preety we play its the result that matters.

I would do anything to start winning games again. Not great supporting Southend United at university, major banter being thrown my way!

Back