• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Info for tomorrows game Shots v Shrimpers

RednBlue

Afternoon

A Shots fan here, coming in peace!

I noticed a few of you were looking for a 'safe' pub for tomorrow so thought I'd try and offer some assistance. Your best bet is The Red Lion - www.redlionaldershot.co.uk which is about a 7-8 minute walk from the ground and doesn't tend to attract many of our more 'lively' fans. The food is pretty good value, there a good range or real ales, plus Sky, pool and a small car park.

If the car park is full, the pub is situated on the corner of Ash Road and Brighton Road so just continue driving up Brighton Road and you'll find somewhere to park free of charge.

One of my best mates is a born-and-bred Shrimper so we're going together which should make for an interesting afternoon.

As for Soares, I don't think you'll find too many Shots fans disappointed that he didn't re-sign for us. On his day, he can be a match-winner and scored some fantastic goals for us. Unfortunately had a real consistency problem and had a terrible habit of going missing in games.

Based on the above, he'll no doubt score a hat trick tomorrow!

Have a safe journey and enjoy the day. Whilst The Rec might not be pretty, it is a real old-school football ground and you can really create a fantastic atmosphere.

Prediction: 1-1....or 3-1 to you with a Soares hat trick ;o)

Firstly, welcome and I hope that you don't come away from the match too happy ;)

On his day, he can be a match-winner and scored some fantastic goals for us. Unfortunately had a real consistency problem and had a terrible habit of going missing in games.

That about sums up our whole team last season, especially Laurent!!

he'll no doubt score a hat trick tomorrow!

Like most of our ex-shrimpers .... even Ibehre scored against us!

Thanks for the info and welcome to the Zone.

The jury is still out on Soares for me but here's hoping he performs well tomorrow with a bit of a point to prove.

Seems they are sneering at our away support - I tried to register on there but no joy.
"No chance will they fill the away end. Last season they took 1,029 to their derby at Colchester, 816 to Gillingham in the FA Cup, 546 to Wycombe, 404 to Swindon, 344 to Yeovil, 663 to Brentford.
I predicted Watford would bring 800, they brought 743. I predict Southend will bring 800."

Numbers seem accurate but no mention that the Col Ewe game was on a Monday night and live on Sky, Wycombe & Brentford were Tuesday night games not to mention the general disillusionment that engulfed the club last year. Not saying we are the biggest club in the world but they have picked out a few strange ones.

Afternoon

A Shots fan here, coming in peace!

I noticed a few of you were looking for a 'safe' pub for tomorrow so thought I'd try and offer some assistance. Your best bet is The Red Lion - www.redlionaldershot.co.uk which is about a 7-8 minute walk from the ground and doesn't tend to attract many of our more 'lively' fans. The food is pretty good value, there a good range or real ales, plus Sky, pool and a small car park.

If the car park is full, the pub is situated on the corner of Ash Road and Brighton Road so just continue driving up Brighton Road and you'll find somewhere to park free of charge.

One of my best mates is a born-and-bred Shrimper so we're going together which should make for an interesting afternoon.

As for Soares, I don't think you'll find too many Shots fans disappointed that he didn't re-sign for us. On his day, he can be a match-winner and scored some fantastic goals for us. Unfortunately had a real consistency problem and had a terrible habit of going missing in games.

Based on the above, he'll no doubt score a hat trick tomorrow!

Have a safe journey and enjoy the day. Whilst The Rec might not be pretty, it is a real old-school football ground and you can really create a fantastic atmosphere.

Prediction: 1-1....or 3-1 to you with a Soares hat trick ;o)

Cheers mate, enjoy the game yourself

Wish I still did all the away games, as sounds like us Shrimpers have bigged it up to be a good one! Will always be a good atmosphere in them kind of games.

May have to join the SZ chat during the game though so will be alright. Is there live commentary on the game anywhere?
Lets hope Soares has a good game, to be fair I could already see he was going to be a consistency issue but then thats wingers I suppose, very few have a high consistency.

Seems they are sneering at our away support - I tried to register on there but no joy.
"No chance will they fill the away end. Last season they took 1,029 to their derby at Colchester, 816 to Gillingham in the FA Cup, 546 to Wycombe, 404 to Swindon, 344 to Yeovil, 663 to Brentford.
I predicted Watford would bring 800, they brought 743. I predict Southend will bring 800."

Numbers seem accurate but no mention that the Col Ewe game was on a Monday night and live on Sky, Wycombe & Brentford were Tuesday night games not to mention the general disillusionment that engulfed the club last year. Not saying we are the biggest club in the world but they have picked out a few strange ones.

Yes funny how they don't mention 1,432 at Leyton Orient or 1,105 at Southampton when we were already relegated. Anyway, who cares?

Seems fair enough to me. If I was looking for comparisons they are the teams I'd pick out as well - both in terms of size and geography.

As for the general disillusionment that engulfs the club, we got under 3,000 for our cup game and 5,000 for our opening league game, both down on previous seasons.

Shots average attendances for last season were 3085 so nothing more needs to be said.

Please don't me started with the few on our message board who seem overly obsessed with attendances.

It's all a bit, "My dads bigger than yours...". Utterly childish.

Please don't me started with the few on our message board who seem overly obsessed with attendances.

We have more who are overly obssessed with attendances than you.....

To be honest the way our club has gone the last few months a turnout of 600 would be good. I.M.O

just watched the video on Aldershots website interviewing Luke Guttridge, i was surprised with his comments towards southend. Wasnt expecting him to be so nice said that he didnt wanna leave! So why did he?
http://www.theshots.co.uk/newspage.ink?nid=32930

gutteridge was never happy about sitting on the bench for so many games and just wanted to play, he never wanted to leave and made it clear that he wanted to start games or go out on loan, coz he kicked up about it he was forced out in the end, shame because he was like the old peter butler when on form.

gutteridge was never happy about sitting on the bench for so many games and just wanted to play, he never wanted to leave and made it clear that he wanted to start games or go out on loan, coz he kicked up about it he was forced out in the end, shame because he was like the old peter butler when on form.

Yes indeed T,a tidy player,shame really.

just watched the video on Aldershots website interviewing Luke Guttridge, i was surprised with his comments towards southend. Wasnt expecting him to be so nice said that he didnt wanna leave! So why did he?
http://www.theshots.co.uk/newspage.ink?nid=32930

Sometimes players leave, and after experiencing other clubs, they then realise how good it actually was at a certain club. Something they didn't appreciate at the time.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Me and four of my mates from Newbury are going, two of them are Saints fans (their game being cancelled) are coming to cheer on Paterson who they really liked.

Think we have a very solid defence that a lot of teams will struggle to break down. 2 - 0 Southend win, Paterson and Corr!!

Back