• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Update from PB

Southend boss Phil Brown admitted he was battling a ‘defensive crisis’ last week before facing Rochdale, so injury updates were on the agenda at his Thursday press conference ahead of Charlton Athletic.
But the Blues chief was a lot more optimistic this week on the likes of captain Anton Ferdinand, John White, Stephen Hendrie and Anthony Wordsworth.
“The long term ones are still in there but Woody has been on the training ground this week joining in with the first team warm-ups and first team training sessions to a certain extent which has been a breath of fresh air.
“Seeing him out there, seeing the quality that I’ve been missing and knowing full well that’s it’s just around the corner.
“Anton has had a good week and hopefully he will do something today with the first team training session and then train fully tomorrow and be involved on Saturday. The same with John White.
“Stephen Hendrie has just got easier as the week has gone on with regards to the impact injury he picked up on Saturday, so I’m more or less confident that Stephen will make the party.
“If you wanted to talk percentages, I would say Woody is about 25 per cent, John White and Anton were about 75 per cent and would say Stephen [Hendrie] is 100 per cent.
On the more long term absentees such as Michael Turner and Rob Kiernan, Brown added: “Michael’s coming along very slowly to tell you the truth. We had a scan last week and the tear is still there.
“It is improving. It was about a five centimetre tear but it’s down to two centimetres now. It’s right in the tendon of the hamstring and that’s probably the worst place for it.
“I’m hopeful in the next two weeks he will be out the treatment room and putting himself forward.
“We’ve had a bit more intensive treatment with regards to Rob Kiernan and I’m hoping Rob is going to come to the party sooner than Michael.
“Everyone is moving in the right direction but it’s a slow process when you’re a manager thinking about the size and the quality of players we’ve got in the treatment room.”

Ok nearly another week gone by on this thread, anybody no about updates on the walking wounded

Ok nearly another week gone by on this thread, anybody no about updates on the walking wounded

Well a few of them played last night so thats an update :smile:

Turner Expected back ??
Ferdinand Injured - Back
Coker January 2018ish
Wordsworth ??
Kiernan ??
McLaughlin Injured - Back
Ranger September - Back
Ba Injured - Back
White Injured - Should be back very soon, could have played last night but was a risk.

Plus Hendrie on there now.

To be honest just need Wordsworth now.

Well a few of them played last night so thats an update :smile:

Turner Expected back ??
Ferdinand Injured - Back
Coker January 2018ish
Wordsworth ??
Kiernan ??
McLaughlin Injured - Back
Ranger September - Back
Ba Injured - Back
White Injured - Should be back very soon, could have played last night but was a risk.

Plus Hendrie on there now.

To be honest just need Wordsworth now.
I consider Michael Kightly worthy of a mention.

I consider Michael Kightly worthy of a mention.

Yep he should be on there.

Turner ??
Coker January 2018ish
Wordsworth - Northampton possible
Kiernan ??
Hendrie ??
Kightly ??

Yep he should be on there.

Turner ??
Coker January 2018ish
Wordsworth - Northampton possible
Kiernan ??
Hendrie ??
Kightly ??

Coker will be back sooner than that. He will start gentle running soon. Wordsworth pulled up in training last week, so may not be ready for Northampton. Hendrie is fit for Northampton if selected.

Coker's tweeted that his surgeon has indicated 3 more months out, so Jan/Feb depending on fitness levels.

Coker will be back sooner than that. He will start gentle running soon. Wordsworth pulled up in training last week, so may not be ready for Northampton. Hendrie is fit for Northampton if selected.

I would have thought 3 months from a surgeons point of view wont be match ready, just when he is ready to get back to work. Even best case scenario is mid December.

So for tomorrow

Wordsworth back
White back
Kiernan back

Turner now close- expected to be available next week

So I fully expect if any of them get picked to hear the criticism move from old crocks not being available to youngsters not getting picked..

Wordsworth and Kiernan wont be ready for this weekend. Brown did say Wordsworth could benefit from starting and playing 45 minutes rather than coming on but Id be surprised if he is rushed back in.

Wordsworth and Kiernan wont be ready for this weekend.

You better phone Phil and let him know..

I think both will be on the bench although PB supposedly is considering starting with Wordy and giving him 45 mins or so. Or at least this is what he's told CP.

You better phone Phil and let him know..

I think both will be on the bench although PB supposedly is considering starting with Wordy and giving him 45 mins or so. Or at least this is what he's told CP.

We've never had a manager that says one thing and does another so much, so it will be no shock at all if Woody plays a very minor roll if anything. When I read that I was surprised after seeing Woody pull up in training. I'm sure the fitness guys will be saying not to risk him as he could be out for weeks if he pulls up.

So for tomorrow

Wordsworth back
White back
Kiernan back

Turner now close- expected to be available next week

So I fully expect if any of them get picked to hear the criticism move from old crocks not being available to youngsters not getting picked..
You missed the third moan option of old crocks being available but youngsters being picked

Bet ben happy poor bloke on is own ,with so many injured players to get back in team
Mr Martin really runs this club well

Sounds like we have a load of frustrated supporters here, i can understand that,but its only because of the injuries we have ,im interested in hearing what the 2nd opinion is on the scans Kightly is having seeing how after his first scans the doctors opinion was different to what the physios etc at the club said.Just perhaps this may reveal why we having so much trouble with injuries ( hammies etc ).

Back