• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
But then I am that sad.

We have now won 4 out of 5 and I just wondered when was the last time that happened.  Fry?  Webb?  Thompson?

I was quite surprised to find that it happened just 2 seasons ago under Newman.

We went to Shrewsbury on Jan 11th 2003 and beat Shrewsbury 1-0, following that up with a 1-0 home win against Rochdale and then a 2-1 home win against Oxford.

Sc**thorpe then turned us over 4-1 but we recovered with a 3-0 thumping of Hull.

Unfortunately we then drew 2-2 with Bristol Rovers (a certain Mr Barrett scoring for them) and somehow managed to lose 6 of the next 7 games, our only success coming at home against Rushden 2-1.  In that stretch we lost 5 on the spin before Mark Salter scored the only SUFC goal of his career to beat Orient at the Hall 1-0 to end the losing streak.

That was the season of wins and losses... a club record of just 3 draws all season.

Lets hope the next 6 games don't don't mirror that season under Newman, i personaly think that we are gonna make it five out of six after sat, as we are to strong for Darlo.

fingers crossed.

And we will thump Boston 3-0!

You heard it here first!

wink.gif

Darlo on Saturday... not an easy team to beat! but, I don't think we will lose to them!

Boston are dodgy on their travels and depending on whether Gazza plays, we should get a pretty good result.

I'll take four points from the next two games! But, I won't be surprised if we get all six points from these two fixtures... our lads are more than capable!
wink.gif

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 27 2004,14:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 27 2004,14:39)]Boston are dodgy on their travels and depending on whether Gazza plays, we should get a pretty good result.
Friday Night? he'll be on the Stella somewhere
Gazza may actually put our crowd slightly up as well. If we win on Saturday then I think a 6,000 crowd at home to Boston is a possibility with it also being a friday night game!

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Sep. 27 2004,13:19)]And we will thump Boston 3-0!

You heard it here first!

wink.gif
I've got quite a bad stat. Boston are one of only three teams not to win away this season. Their next away match is at Southend. Their first 3 points on the road last season was against us, on that terrible Tuesday night, where Craven absolutely lost it ... and quite rightly so!!

*Gulps*

Kev

tounge.gif

Back