• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
From the Telegraph today:

Stat #4: Norwich v Hull: No Premier League team has conceded more headed goals than Hull this term (seven)

Although Norwich’s headed goal - scored by came from a corner, it typified the problems Hull have had in defending long balls into the box. In open play, Norwich were afforded 40 crosses, and should have done more with the freedom allowed for Robert Snodgrass, Jonas Gutierrez and latterly Anthony Pilkington. Snodgrass in particular was given opportunity to roam out wide - he had the second-most touches in his team after Russell Martin (who played behind him), attempted 18 crosses, took five shots and created five scoring chances.

Paging Barry Corr...

From the Telegraph today:

Stat #4: Norwich v Hull: No Premier League team has conceded more headed goals than Hull this term (seven)

Although Norwich’s headed goal - scored by came from a corner, it typified the problems Hull have had in defending long balls into the box. In open play, Norwich were afforded 40 crosses, and should have done more with the freedom allowed for Robert Snodgrass, Jonas Gutierrez and latterly Anthony Pilkington. Snodgrass in particular was given opportunity to roam out wide - he had the second-most touches in his team after Russell Martin (who played behind him), attempted 18 crosses, took five shots and created five scoring chances.

Paging Barry Corr...

Someone send this to the club!

Good find SBS

Interesting Stat #2

Hull have the worst away record in the Premiership. Won 1 and drawn 2 from 11 games, scoring 7 (joint lowest away goals scored) and conceded 20.

They have played 3 times away from home in the cup, beating Orient after extra time, losing to Spurs on penalties and beating Middlesbrough in the last round of the FA cup.

Amazingly, it makes Straker a key man in a match against a Premier League side. Imagine that at the end of last season!

Hurst too of course but that's less of a statement.

Someone send this to the club!

Good find SBS

Why thank you.

If O'Neil is fit for Saturday, is he ok to play? Seems crosses from full back areas rather than from the wingers catch Hull out (the old diagional ball towards the back stick, for us old 'uns). Important that we have round pegs in round holes, to quoto our Orange Leader.

We appear to have a great recent track record of right back's going back to Juppy. Think I'm going to watch THAT goal again just before beddy-byes

just watch this on loop....

o5bbdg.gif

Interesting Stat. Number Hash 3

Hull are the team most likely from the 1st Division to go out of the competition at the hands of a 4th Division club.

Not sure if that is true but I liked the sound of it ..............:winking:

Interesting Stat. Number Hash 3

Hull are the team most likely from the 1st Division to go out of the competition at the hands of a 4th Division club.

Not sure if that is true but I liked the sound of it ..............:winking:

It's the only tie where this is possible, so it is indeed true.

Apparently we've scored 8 goals this season from outside the box and in the entire remaining 90 clubs in the top 4 divisions, only West Brom and Oxford United with 10 each are above us.

Man City are level with us on 8.

Apparently we've scored 8 goals this season from outside the box and in the entire remaining 90 clubs in the top 4 divisions, only West Brom and Oxford United with 10 each are above us.

Man City are level with us on 8.

If true an interesting enough stat to justify a thread on it's own without resurrecting a thread that has gone untouched for over 5 years with absolutely no relevance to the point you're making !

If true an interesting enough stat to justify a thread on it's own without resurrecting a thread that has gone untouched for over 5 years with absolutely no relevance to the point you're making !

Posting an "interesting stat" on an "interesting stat" thread. What a ridiculous idea! :Winking:

What I'm going to do, I think, is let you off with a warning. But any further transgression and you'll be going in the book for dissent.

Anyway, never mind all that nonsense. We'll re-start with a free-kick. Can we name the 8 goals?

I'll start with Mantom's against Rotherham last weekend.

Last edited:
Posting an "interesting stat" on an "interesting stat" thread. What a ridiculous idea! :Winking:

What I'm going to do, I think, is let you off with a warning. But any further transgression and you'll be going in the book for dissent.

Anyway, never mind all that nonsense. We'll re-start with a free-kick. Can we name the 8 goals?

I'll start with Mantom's against Rotherham last weekend.

Followed by our goal in the 1-7 against Doncaster.

Back