• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Investments

Crypto taking an absolute hammering at the moment.

My personal accounting (which isn't huge) is now down £700 in just a few days.

People are being smashed into complete loss.

Crypto taking an absolute hammering at the moment.

My personal accounting (which isn't huge) is now down £700 in just a few days.

People are being smashed into complete loss.
Yep some really big losses going on. Had positions in QNT and CRO that are both about 70% down, they were gambles though. In crashes you find the biggest opportunities. I still have big faith in bitcoin long term and and sitting with some dry powder waiting to see if it bounces off traditional support lines. There does look like there is a chance it could go to the $8k support line. I'd totally avoid alt coins at the moment. XRP does look interesting as it actually has real world utility as replacement for SWIFT, i'm tempted to open a position as it has been hit hard with the rest of the crypto market creating a dropportunity. Worth mentioning that while crypto is getting the headlines markets in general are heavily down, since August 21 the FTSE all share index is down 29%

Yep some really big losses going on. Had positions in QNT and CRO that are both about 70% down, they were gambles though. In crashes you find the biggest opportunities. I still have big faith in bitcoin long term and and sitting with some dry powder waiting to see if it bounces off traditional support lines. There does look like there is a chance it could go to the $8k support line. I'd totally avoid alt coins at the moment. XRP does look interesting as it actually has real world utility as replacement for SWIFT, i'm tempted to open a position as it has been hit hard with the rest of the crypto market creating a dropportunity. Worth mentioning that while crypto is getting the headlines markets in general are heavily down, since August 21 the FTSE all share index is down 29%

Agreed.

I actually had some Luna a short while ago and sold it off for a small profit. Thankfully as its now worthless.

I've only got a limited amount of Eth and ADA at the moment.

Purchased some Ape coin as well (not much) and sold that when it hit a higher price.

I am holding the Eth and ADA long term but I'm wondering whether to take advantage of this huge dip.

Agreed.

I actually had some Luna a short while ago and sold it off for a small profit. Thankfully as its now worthless.

Purchased some Ape coin as well (not much) and sold that when it hit a higher price.

I am holding the Eth and ADA long term but I'm wondering whether to take advantage of this huge dip.
I have my opinions on where crypto is headed ahah

FTSE all share is down 2% since last August - not including dividends

Agreed.

It's a risk as I'm not sure where this will end. I'm holding on and letting the dust settle. Have to remember we are in a bear market now. The riskier the market the less confidence, Crypto is just about the highest, then you have junior share markets like Aquis and AIM. Even goliaths like netflix arent safe 71.52% down YTD. Amazon 36.91% down YTD. Tesla 39% down YTD. All the companies that flew with the printing of money and stimulus are suffering now the realisation of hard times to come is here.
Does netflix fit the coca cola model Warren Buffet speaks about where demand is so huge that any dip should be bought as coca cola can raise its prices by 1 cent and everyone would still buy. Would anyone cancel their netflix subscriptions if it went up a pound/dollar? Food for thought across all markets, not just crypto.

It's a risk as I'm not sure where this will end. I'm holding on and letting the dust settle. Have to remember we are in a bear market now. The riskier the market the less confidence, Crypto is just about the highest, then you have junior share markets like Aquis and AIM. Even goliaths like netflix arent safe 71.52% down YTD. Amazon 36.91% down YTD. Tesla 39% down YTD. All the companies that flew with the printing of money and stimulus are suffering now the realisation of hard times to come is here.
Does netflix fit the coca cola model Warren Buffet speaks about where demand is so huge that any dip should be bought as coca cola can raise its prices by 1 cent and everyone would still buy. Would anyone cancel their netflix subscriptions if it went up a pound/dollar? Food for thought across all markets, not just crypto.
Netflix did raise their prices. Subscribers fell. They're now looking at ads.

Ah yeah - the AIM index - think I read recently about 75% of the companies on AIM go bust - the 'wild west' of the UK stock markets

Ah found the article - it's a little old (2015) -over the past 20 years (when aim started) 72% of the companies that listed on aim have had negative returns. In over 30% of them investors have lost at least 95% of their investment - ouch

I invest in AIM stocks. AIM is a much more mature market now but still got its fair share of crooked CEOs and I can think of 2 stock I held that went bust. I sold them when the story changed at a reasonable loss, one 20% the other 50%. You have to be ready to cut loose at a loss when they start lying, eg them saying they have a cash runway for 2 years and then do a share raise 6 months later. I've also had one 10 bagger and a 50 bagger from AIM. The 80/20 rule shows that roughly 80% of the best market performers each year start off at a sub 20k market cap. I use filters to eliminate as much risk as possible but you can't account for a crooked CEO some you win some you don't. I'm heavily invested in a lung imaging tech company called Polerean imaging at the moment POLX. Could be massive if they get FDA approval, I enjoy the risk and the challenge of picking large growth stocks.

Netflix did raise their prices. Subscribers fell. They're now looking at ads.
Yes I know, I read there were other factors like them pulling out of Russia etc. Not sure how much that affected them. I don't think they are looking at ads from what I read, that was just a floated idea which I think they said was shot down straight away. I thought the price rise was a reaction to losing subscribers? Also I think they are clamping down on shared logins.

It's all a question of how much of an established brand they are etc. Personally I wouldn't cancel my Netflix as I think it gives value for money, I could get all of the programming through illegal means but I like the menu systems and algorithm suggestions that come with it. I think with the Netflix price you have to ask yourself if they will stand the test of time? I can't see anything on the horizon making them obsolete like blockbuster video.

Don't invest more than you're prepared to lose.

The ex started out doing penny shares, then asked me to choose a couple when things were going well. I chose M&S and Whitbread, both of which repaid us not only in dividends but had increased massively when we sold, and Brands Hatch Leisure, which also recouped us quite a large amount. He plumped for Telewest and a few others that didn't do so well.
Yeah never invest in a company who sponsors SUFC…

Telewest…. Progressive Printing….

Bit of a curse we are ?

So with Luna dead in the water. I invested some pocket change in Wrapped Luna "WLUNA".

It's absolutely flying at the moment with some predicting it the penny mark in the very near future. Currently got 1.4 million shares.

Crazy to think it was trading close to £100 per share just days ago.

Back