• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ipod Speakers

Bucks_blue

Manager
What's the best way of connecting my iPod up to some speakers?

Am I best off getting one of the official Docks with speakers from Apple or are there better independant ones?

My PC's speakers are good enough to play it upstairs but I want something smaller for downstairs for Parties or BBQ's.

What would be the best way of connecting my iPod up to my telly and it's speakers. Playing CD's through my DVFD players sounds great but having transferred all my music to my iPod using CD's seems a bit of a backwards step.

Help!?

I take a line out of my i-Pod's dock and run it into the AUX channel of my amp - sounds better than any desktop speakers I've heard.

Expensive but as you would expect from Bose a top quality piece of kit.
Bose Sounddock
Retails at about £250 - if you buy online (John Lewis) dont forget to but via Quidco, linemypocket or another referral site to get some cashback.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Aug. 03 2006,10:42)]Expensive but as you would expect from Bose a top quality piece of kit.
Bose Sounddock
Retails at about £250 - if you buy online (John Lewis) dont forget to but via Quidco, linemypocket or another referral site to get some cashback.
The Bose has been very poorly reviewed - typical overpriced, poor quality, Bose designer nonsense.

Based on reviews, the best stand alone equivalent speaker/amp package for around £250 appears to be the Monitor Audio i-Deck:

http://www.i-deck.co.uk/product.php?product=1

You should be able to get a healthy discount on an i-Deck. (By the way, Monitor Audio are based in Rayleigh.)

If power and the the best sound quality are your main priorities, you're probably best off using the line-in route to your hi-fi or wirelessly streaming music from your pc to your hi-fi.

Hope this helps.

£2.50 3.5mm to Phono lead from Maplins into the back of your hifi usually does the trick very well.

Back