• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is anybody glad?

I find it quite ironic, probably in my own sad little way, that your complaining about our last game being a 5-1 thunping and then in your signature you have our opening game of the season us thumping Orient 5-1.

My signature is actually refering to us winning 5-1 against Orient back when the great RC made his debut... Not the opening game of this season!

24 hours later, I'm still feeling a bit flat & subdued after last night.

I will miss my bi-weekly trip to RH & the banter with my fellow STH around me, although one of them is throwing an end of season party in two weeks, which will soften the blow a bit. They also know a couple of players who will probably turn up, so it will make it feel a bit more like a normal Saturday.

Roll on the fixture announcements!!

Yes, I definately need a break, been a busy old season.

Can't wait for next season though, but you definately need the break in the middle!!!!!

Have to say the wallet definately needs a break, paying for two of us has been a bit of a chore.

its at this time of the year i break out the 'whatever years' version of CM, just to see me through til pre-season.
roll on august

If we went up, we would have struggled to stay there, now we are staying in the league we can make some good signings (we all know Tilly has someone up his sleeve) and come back stronger next season. If we finished 6th and went up, how would we stay there above Forest and Swansea as they finished ahead of us with a stronger team?

I'm Gutted the season is over but i'm glad at the same time, need a break from the stress of supporting Southend.

Be glad when August comes around again though.

I'm sort of glad it's all over for a couple of months now. Our attention can now be switched to speculation on who's coming/going. A few stress free weekends won't go a miss at all. Then we can have a few pre season kick around friendlies just to wet out appetites for the big kick off in August.
Wembley would have been nice but i think we went out of the playoffs with a lot of pride tbh and i would have hated for us to have gone to Wembley and been as inept as on Friday.

I'm sort of glad it's all over for a couple of months now. Our attention can now be switched to speculation on who's coming/going. A few stress free weekends won't go a miss at all. Then we can have a few pre season kick around friendlies just to wet out appetites for the big kick off in August.
Wembley would have been nice but i think we went out of the playoffs with a lot of pride tbh and i would have hated for us to have gone to Wembley and been as inept as on Friday.

Cue the daft transfer rumour threads.
I'm looking forward to a nice long summer of cricket & with a bit of luck England beating the Saffers in a closely fought test series.

No, the cheapest tickets for League 1 play off final are £30 Adults & £15 Kids (same price as we paid for the Man United match). Think the other prices were £40, £50, £60 with half price for kids & the Club Wembley seats are £84

ah right, well I they clearly got the wrong end of the stick

It's weird, when we were stuck in midtable in League two year after year I'd hate the close-season, but as we're now constantly at either the top or the bottom of whatever division we're in I've found myself quite welcoming them the last few years. It's nice to not have the stress every saturday.

I totally agree with this. The last four-and-a-half seasons under Tilly, while mostly brilliant, have also been incredibly stressful at times. There were occasions, especially during our two promotion seasons, when I'd literally have sleepless nights with all the fixture and points permeutations spinning around my head. And I had another one on Friday night. :(

I'm definitely glad to have a break now and get on with the serious business of ludicrous transfer rumours. ;)

I look forward to the break after another nail biting season.

In terms of SZ the off season is frustrating as you just get thread after thread linking us to player X, Y and Z that never usually comes off, usually because the lack of football leads most people to just sit there with the Free Transfer list on refresh.

Last edited:

In terms of SZ the off season is frustrating as you just get thread after thread linking us to player X, Y and Z that never usually comes off, usually because the lack of football leads most people to just sit there with the Free Transfer list on refresh.

So can we expect to see Mel Slack for England re-appear to dish out his pearls of wisdom on the subject like some biblical prophet then?

and the "why didn't we sign him" threads! God I hate them!

Back