• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is anyone else getting worried?

No point in flipping the whole plan at this stage because it might take another 11 years.

The thing is, when your dealing with a group of self serving little nobodies who refuse to give you a deal.....Then vote in someone who can.....Its simple.
Better put you in charge of Brexit lol....
I think the fear is the council is hellbent on the Seaway development which nobody wants and is delaying Fossetts on purpose. If granted it will duplicate the cinema retail parts of FF which must affect its viability.
I'm sorry but having seen Ron and heard him make so many promises re FF I can't ever see him fulfilling the dream with such a negative and backward council who clearly dont want a professional club to suceed and his own financial limitations.
Just think it's time to be realistic and look at an alternative which although still a big project would be easier to get permission for and quicker to deliver

Starting to get very edgy. Can only get down for a couple of games a year due to work/ kids football schedules and have spent £100 on tickets for the family. If this prat is still in charge its a guaranteed defeat, ****e performance and a son asking me what the hell was that all the way back up the a12

How many times are people going to keep bringing up the possibility of redeveloping Roots Hall.
It doesn't solve any of the club's long term financial issues - I've gone into this on so many occasions on the FF forum, yet people still keep talking as if improving the stadium is the key to all of this - the stadium per se is meaningless in the greater scheme of things.
Ron is selling the FF and long term stability on the basis of housing and retail Both of these would still be applicable on the basis stated.Are you saying the outstanding debts are too large..Ron is stating RH housing is the main part of financing FF.

Don't forget, the Council changed hands in late May so the new ruling group are still finding their feet and will quite rightly, want to have a good look at what they're committed to and what's in the pipeline etc. I wouldn't be so quick to trash them, a number of senior councillors in the new ruling group are season ticket holders or Roots Hall regulars. Much of the prior delay over the past 10+ years has been down to Ron Martin....'work begins in the spring....' 'we will be on site in July...' were a couple of his old classics. I'm still doubtful RM has the funding in place to complete this but I don't think the Council will be the one's to blame if this Fossets doesn't happen.

Better put you in charge of Brexit lol....
I think the fear is the council is hellbent on the Seaway development which nobody wants and is delaying Fossetts on purpose. If granted it will duplicate the cinema retail parts of FF which must affect its viability.
I'm sorry but having seen Ron and heard him make so many promises re FF I can't ever see him fulfilling the dream with such a negative and backward council who clearly dont want a professional club to suceed and his own financial limitations.
Just think it's time to be realistic and look at an alternative which although still a big project would be easier to get permission for and quicker to deliver

You may well be right but that's because they can afford to be.....If this happened in many other towns the people would vote them out.

What with our 1000's of PL fans heading off to London every Weekend and lots of our fans praying Ron fails, there is no pressure on the council.

My local councillor is in favour of the scheme, which is why he gets my vote. I have found their attitude towards SUFC is a good guide anyway.....If they in it for their own political reason then they are not good for the town, its people and our future.

As for houses being passed. That often causes more aggro than a cinema.....Never underestimate the selfishness of the NIMBY.

Ron is selling the FF and long term stability on the basis of housing and retail Both of these would still be applicable on the basis stated.Are you saying the outstanding debts are too large..Ron is stating RH housing is the main part of financing FF.

I am saying that a proposal to redevelop Roots Hall would be both exorbitantly expensive, logistically complex and wouldn't satisfy our needs for improved training and academy facilities. FF enables us to move to a much more accessible site with all club amenities in one complex - the masterplan converts FF into a leisure destination, which in turn generates more direct non-matchday revenue for the club via conference & banqueting

Furthermore, the cost of developing a modern, serviceable stadium would be completely offset by the enabling development at FF, including the retail and commercial elements of the masterplan.
There are absolutely no guarantees that using FF to purely develop housing/retail/leisure would a) - work, as you'd need a mammoth amount of development to release sufficient monies to do anything worthwhile with Roots Hall, and b) - be approved by SBC and RDC.

Building something like Orient or Watford have done in recent years, with limited social housing in each corner/adjacent to the stands isn't even going to scratch the surface for us.

The thing is, Ron will have to publicly admit he’s dropped yet another bollock with his interview skills. I’ve never met Ron, but I don’t think he will really be happy to admit this.

The fact Bond has not been sacked just smells to high heaven now. We are on an express train into league two as it stands with a decent squad which shouldn’t be happening. I think the answer is we can’t afford to pay him off, Ron can’t come out and say that as Bond will just down tools even more than he is and the players would too. I don’t think Bond was an expensive option so the fact we can’t pay someone off who’s probably on £2/4K a week suggests we are really in the brown stuff. We can all say Bond should have some pride and hold his hands up and resign but why should he, he is almost at retirement age and is getting paid for underachieving

I think Ron has to say something soon - even the dreaded vote of confidence (surely not).

The most telling thing is that Chris Phillips has been silent. I suspect that may be at Ron's request for a short while. Like everyone else I haven't a real clue as to what might be going on.

I started worrying about the clubs finances and expressed concern to Ron regarding strategy over 15 years ago. I stopped worrying after i realised there's very little i can do. Still working on trying to get the international hedge fund i work for to invest/buy the club but so far unsuccessful/they aren't that stupid enough.

worried about what/this unexpected break has helped bond out ,hopefully its given the players a chance to take stock and get on the training ground and work on it .

Last edited:
I started worrying about the clubs finances and expressed concern to Ron regarding strategy over 15 years ago. I stopped worrying after i realised there's very little i can do. Still working on trying to get the international hedge fund i work for to invest/buy the club but so far unsuccessful/they aren't that stupid enough.
I believe Ron went to a reputable company called Stratton Oakmont for finance so we should be ok

The delay could simply just be that Ron wants to announce a new manager at the same time as KB's departure and hasn't been able to sort everything out today. If Adam Barrett is who he wants then he will have had to speak with Millwall too. The fact that we don't have a match tomorrow has bought him time -.yes, it is telling that Chris Phillips has gone quiet so assume that is at Ron's request.

Back