• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I suggest you re-read the article.

The main thrust of it is about UKIP's performance in the local elections, which was falsely attributed to Miliband's lack of whatever.

The fact that it quotes approvingly from a well-known Tory proganda website tells you all you need to know its spin.

IIRC,Ed was a Student Union president back in the day.

Perhaps you should read the title of this thread more carefully...

Once again and directly quoted from the article;

"some Labour supporters think that their real problem closer to home: Their own leader, Ed Miliband. Is he just too "weird" to be prime minister?"

If you wish to discuss UKIP, there are plenty of other threads.

Perhaps you should read the title of this thread more carefully...

Once again and directly quoted from the article;

"some Labour supporters think that their real problem closer to home: Their own leader, Ed Miliband. Is he just too "weird" to be prime minister?"

If you wish to discuss UKIP, there are plenty of other threads.

The article is a shoddy piece of journalism which comes up with a complete red-herring, (Miliband's alleged wierdness)as the supposed reason for UKIP doing so well (in reality finishing second to Labour) in the local council elections.

Let's face it, Miliband is nowhere near as wierd as quite a few of the " Bunch Of Fruitcakes, Loonies And Closet Racists'" in UKIP.

Last edited:
The article is a shoddy piece of journalism which comes up with a complete red-herring, (Miliband's alleged wierdness)as the supposed reason for UKIP doing so well (in reality finishing second to Labour) in the local council elections.

Let's face it, Miliband is nowhere near as wierd as quite a few of the " Bunch Of Fruitcakes, Loonies And Closet Racists'" in UKIP.

And gadfly's, kindly remember that please.

not sure why anyone should be interested in whether Miliband is a geek or whatever. The issue for me is the man's policies will put this country economically back to where we were 4 years ago. If we want to be France with low growth and high unemployment then fine. It's a democracy and people can vote for who they like. I always though Blair got in because he was reasonably good looking (and a lot of people were fed up with the Tories) and look where he took us. However, those people who elect governments i.e. the waverers often make decisions based on things that mean very little so being a geek, or ginger as was the case with Kinnock seems to matter. Osbourne got criticised because he looked a bit geekish and was christened Gideon. Given that he has been a more than competent chancellor seems to have shut this up. Perhaps it's the policies Miliband should change if he wants respect.

not sure why anyone should be interested in whether Miliband is a geek or whatever. The issue for me is the man's policies will put this country economically back to where we were 4 years ago. If we want to be France with low growth and high unemployment then fine. It's a democracy and people can vote for who they like. I always though Blair got in because he was reasonably good looking (and a lot of people were fed up with the Tories) and look where he took us. However, those people who elect governments i.e. the waverers often make decisions based on things that mean very little so being a geek, or ginger as was the case with Kinnock seems to matter. Osbourne got criticised because he looked a bit geekish and was christened Gideon. Given that he has been a more than competent chancellor seems to have shut this up. Perhaps it's the policies Miliband should change if he wants respect.

I do agree with this to a certain extent, However the electorate need someone they can relate to as well.
This certainly doesn't appear to be Milliband, who seems to be disconnected from his own parties supporters.

Reluctantly,I'm inclined to agree with this comment.

Anecdotal I know, but my wife is currently employing a Uruguayan,a Spanish resident,(with EU residency papers) to do some work on her place in France because he's better (and cheaper) than anyone she can find locally.

And the Midi (where my wife is from) is one of the areas of France which regularly tops the unemployment figures.Go figure.

Anecdotal I know, but my wife is currently employing a Uruguayan (with EU residency papers) to do some work on her place in France because he's better (and cheaper) than anyone she can find locally.

And the Midi (where my wife is from) is one of the areas of France which regularly tops the unemployment figures.Go figure.

Are you saying that Labour will give us high unemployment and low growth?

Anecdotal I know, but my wife is currently employing a Uruguayan,a Spanish resident,(with EU residency papers) to do some work on her place in France because he's better (and cheaper) than anyone she can find locally.

So he is working on the black and illegally,best I shoot off an email to the authorities.

I hope they keep him...if it means no Labour government.

Ditto Cameron. The tories haven't won a general election in many years and I can't see him ever winning one. For the record, I won't vote for a Milliband-led Labour party but we need another backdoor Tory administration like we need an extra bumhole.

Back