• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is it immoral to back against the Blues.

Well..............

• Total voters
By the way, I have a monitor on my desk that shows all bets over £100 that we take and every **** and their gran are putting Hull in their accas for tonight.

So when Southend get gubbed I will be doubly annoyed.

By the way, I have a monitor on my desk that shows all bets over £100 that we take and every **** and their gran are putting Hull in their accas for tonight.

What are you offering on 2-0 Blues Ux? I only got 25/1 with Hills. I would have bet with your mob but I know I'm going to win and I want to look after your share options.

I should add that this is only business in our Spanish shops. They see a short price and back it, no matter what league or competition.

Not so in the UK, where quite a few shrewdies have been backing Southend - we've just cut the price on Southend to 5/1.

What are you offering on 2-0 Blues Ux? I only got 25/1 with Hills. I would have bet with your mob but I know I'm going to win and I want to look after your share options.

We're 28/1 the 0-2. Thanking you kindly for considering my share options (such as they are).

It's fine to bet on Southend losing, but only if, if we lose, the entire winnings are then spent on drowning ones sorrows after the game.

I don't get this at all. Many many people on this board profess to love Southend United as if it were the be all and end all in their lives, that they would do almost anything to see their beloved club succeed and that loyalty to the club they have supported for many years is both something to be very proud of and something that will never die or diminish, and I don't doubt that it is the case to some people, but it absolutely astounds me that that love and loyalty seems to go straight out of the window when money and the thought of a quick profit is concerned.

In my opinion it's wrong. Simple as that.

I don't get this at all. Many many people on this board profess to love Southend United as if it were the be all and end all in their lives, that they would do almost anything to see their beloved club succeed and that loyalty to the club they have supported for many years is both something to be very proud of and something that will never die or diminish, and I don't doubt that it is the case to some people, but it absolutely astounds me that that love and loyalty seems to go straight out of the window when money and the thought of a quick profit is concerned.

In my opinion it's wrong. Simple as that.

I think that would be the case were it to be making money off something that may have a negative effect on the club. With a bet, it's not a case of disloyalty in my opinion, just a case of realising we're up against a team that on paper have a good chance of beating us.

In fact, those betting against Southend will still be cheering us on, surely this shows that they put the club over their personal wealth?

I think that would be the case were it to be making money off something that may have a negative effect on the club. With a bet, it's not a case of disloyalty in my opinion, just a case of realising we're up against a team that on paper have a good chance of beating us.

In fact, those betting against Southend will still be cheering us on, surely this shows that they put the club over their personal wealth?

Exactly.

Hull are now 1.62 on Betfair. I've just got on it LARGE.

Lads,

9 days on and after a series of decent wins I am now holding £126.60 pure profit. Not a lot but if you take it as a % return most people would be happy.

Been studying my next move and I have noticed that Hull are at 1.53% to beat us tonight. I dont want to risk it all but simple maths tells me if I use £100 of my profit to back Hull I will get back in return £153.

My question is do you think its wrong for me to profit from the Blues defeat?

On the other side of the coin, I never bet on the blues any more as every time I did we managed to lose so I was twice as ****ed off.

I put a tenner in an account before the play off started and its still running with about 120 quid in it. Not going to be life changing but gives me a bit of fun. Have a look at Europa league qualifying. Try an accumulator with all the very short priced favourites. Returns are not big but money is pretty safe and it helps build up the kitty.

Have a look at Europa league qualifying. Try an accumulator with all the very short priced favourites. Returns are not big but money is pretty safe and it helps build up the kitty.

What he said. Last week's Europa League results absolutely murdered the bookies. Might be a bit different tomorrow with a lot of ties effectively decided already but that tournament has been very kind to punters in recent years.

Morning All,

Update - Had a trixie last night on Hull to beat us, QPR to beat Accrington Stanley and Pompey to beat Hereford.

£80 all in on the trixie and all came in giving me £176.54.

Makes the most obvious defeat in the history of football slightly easier to deal with and possibly the easiset £100 odd ever.

I hope you enjoy your blood money David!!!! I'm just jealous as Rusty 'The Turf Accountant's Friend' Shackleford always makes silly bets on SUFC and loses (almost) every time.

I never bet against us as someone I know put a grand on Man Utd beating us thinking it was easy money........ :whistling:

I don't look at it as being disloyal - quite the opposite. I only ever bet on the opposition in a bid to trick the Football Gods into handing us three points because they don't want me to be rich. It worked a treat during the League One championship winning season - I ended up completely broke and Southend won the league. Exactly as I planned. Mwahahaha.

Morning All,

Update - Had a trixie last night on Hull to beat us, QPR to beat Accrington Stanley and Pompey to beat Hereford.

£80 all in on the trixie and all came in giving me £176.54.

Makes the most obvious defeat in the history of football slightly easier to deal with and possibly the easiset £100 odd ever.

I hope you can live with your conscience having condemned us to defeat. I'd expect this sort of behaviour from ldnfatso, but I'm disappointed in you.

Back