• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is it just me?

A great example of why fans should never give up. They have been trying since 1973...So good luck to them but its another one off my list. Im now going backwards and will never make the 92.

Blimey it makes our saga look like a week planned exercise.

What makes you so confident though?

He couldn’t get it sorted out in January, in order to register those two Macc lads.

Neither could he get it sorted in April, when it was again, deferred.

Latest hearing was last week, which we all expected to be resolved. Ummm...

Now it’s all eyes on September, which will ultimately decide our season.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me again and again and again and again....

Yes, I suppose many believe that he can pull the wool over supporters eyes, however, trying to pull the wool over HMRC's eyes is a different matter. I just can't believe they would permit things to drag on like this unless they had a pretty cast iron assurance that it was going to be paid.

I'm not guessing the training ground will be open next week, I've been told it will. So obviously players will be returning. Will it be just the youth, or/and first team squad, we shall see.

I’m not doubting you mate. I’ve also heard it will open next week, and as I said, I expect the players will be back in next week.

All I’m saying is, as it stands, the players haven’t been told to return yet.

Yes, I suppose many believe that he can pull the wool over supporters eyes, however, trying to pull the wool over HMRC's eyes is a different matter. I just can't believe they would permit things to drag on like this unless they had a pretty cast iron assurance that it was going to be paid.

I’m not suggesting Ron is trying to pull the wool over HMRC’s eyes. I fully believe Ron is trying to secure the funds to pay them & lift the embargo.

What I’m saying is, those funds falling into our bank account are dependent on the Council rubber stamping the next lot of plans. Unfortunately for us, there’s no real guarantee when that will happen.

So we can’t assume it will be done and dusted in September. We can only hope.

I’m not suggesting Ron is trying to pull the wool over HMRC’s eyes. I fully believe Ron is trying to secure the funds to pay them & lift the embargo.

What I’m saying is, those funds falling into our bank account are dependent on the Council rubber stamping the next lot of plans. Unfortunately for us, there’s no real guarantee when that will happen.

So we can’t assume it will be done and dusted in September. We can only hope.

It's not just the council though is it. They can only rubber stamp when the club submit. We haven't as far as I know.

In the current situation, how can anyone say whether or not we will be promotion candidates. We have no idea of the strength, or otherwise, of the other teams in League 2 and we have no idea of how strong we will be. We could well make a sensible managerial appointment and then go on to sign just the right players to blend with our youngsters!! On the other hand............

Fair point.

Although when you consider that other teams already have their wheels in motion for the upcoming season, it’s abundantly clear that we’re behind everyone else, which isn’t a good starting point.

It's not just the council though is it. They can only rubber stamp when the club submit. We haven't as far as I know.

They guide you when to submit it.....Then they tell you to remove it because someone in a department has found something they don't like......Including another department hasn't returned a form they should have......That is your hard luck not theirs and if you don't agree they will reject it and it will cost you loads more money ad time to re-submit

As much as you want to blame Ron.....How would he gain by delaying the process?

Reactions: GBJ
What a weird thing to get annoyed about.

I think its more of an example and evidence of different quality owners. Brentford are similar size club and are now in a position we could never ever get anywhere near on and off the pitch with Ron as owner.

Agree completely on that aspect.

But the fact is, the embargo was still in place, so even if he wanted to back Sol, he couldn’t.

Could it have been in place by design, so that he couldn't back him? I don't know, by the way, just guessing.

I think its more of an example and evidence of different quality owners. Brentford are similar size club and are now in a position we could never ever get anywhere near on and off the pitch with Ron as owner.

Nail on head. Infrastructure is great and hopefully we can get into the new ground in its entirety, and not the boring 3 sided only but with the main stand. Then and only then would Ron consider a reasonable offer for the club. Someone could then take us forward with more financial power.

They guide you when to submit it.....Then they tell you to remove it because someone in a department has found something they don't like......Including another department hasn't returned a form they should have......That is your hard luck not theirs and if you don't agree they will reject it and it will cost you loads more money ad time to re-submit

As much as you want to blame Ron.....How would he gain by delaying the process?

So what is the current hold up. My understanding is that the council are giving it the green light as long as various changes are adhered to. So is it a case of we haven't submitted the said changes, or the council have them and are considering.

Either way. After what feels like an eternity and with the club financially on its knees, some good news would be huge right now.

Could it have been in place by design, so that he couldn't back him? I don't know, by the way, just guessing.

Possibly.

Although one might have thought if that were the case, then Ron would have sorted it last week.

If true boots and laces will be open next week and players back training ,then i suspect the new manager will be named before that,if so i would think Saturday or friday announcement .Fingers and Toes crossed.

So what is the current hold up. My understanding is that the council are giving it the green light as long as various changes are adhered to. So is it a case of we haven't submitted the said changes, or the council have them and are considering.

Either way. After what feels like an eternity and with the club financially on its knees, some good news would be huge right now.

We are not financially on our knees, we just have a cash flow problem at the moment...Just like every club in Britain, including non league.

We have less players on big contracts than many other lower league clubs.
We ave some decent academy lads which means we don't have to sign as many players as others.
We have a chairman who doesn't charge Bury levels of interest on the debt.
He has 7 acres of and at RH worth more than the debt.
There is a perfect carrot in FF to keep us afloat.
The council need the scheme
Ron has a proven track record of coming up with the money
Have we ever finished lower than the season he took over?

Back