• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is it the Moussa effect -

i personally never rated moussa that much, seeing him as inferior to what we had in our promotion seasons,

so happy to have been proved completely wrong, he is one of the few flair players we have. (flair with an end product as opposed to laurent)

Stop twisting my words, I've praised him in the games where he's done well, but too often he's been morose and sulky on the pitch often being completely unable to see anyone else to make a pass to, and the majority of those where he's played centre mid he's been cack. Yes, he played very well, and took his goals with skill. The OS would seem to suggest he did celebrate with team mates as well, but when you go steaming off away from them in celebration it takes a little while to catch you.

I stand by my assertion that his performance has improved with the arrival of Webb, and the fortuitous imminency of contract negotiations.

Stop twisting my words, I've praised him in the games where he's done well, but too often he's been morose and sulky on the pitch often being completely unable to see anyone else to make a pass to, and the majority of those where he's played centre mid he's been cack. Yes, he played very well, and took his goals with skill. The OS would seem to suggest he did celebrate with team mates as well, but when you go steaming off away from them in celebration it takes a little while to catch you.
I stand by my assertion that his performance has improved with the arrival of Webb, and the fortuitous imminency of contract negotiations.

I'd suggest you have a look at the highlights - Macca is the first to him after the first goal and for the second he is on the floor being jumped all over by some of his team mates (not all) on the edge of the box - hardly steaming away from anybody.

Didn't want to start a new thread. Franck plaid marvelously.Very intelligent PLAYER indeed!

He also says...
Goalscorer Franck Moussa believes goal difference could be vital in the Blues bid to avoid the drop this season.

Well yeah?

ahha!

In all seriousness...

He is actually right, I hope it doesn't come down to goal difference though! My ticket can't take it !

UTB

OldBlueLady said:
Nope, just think Moussa has been hugely over rated while giving some absolutely shocking performances. It just seems hugely coincidental that suddenly he's playing out of his skin when contract discussions are going on.
I think it's more to do with the fact that we was knackered. I read somwhere that he was the only player who had played every game in 2009, and so taking into account that he's only 20/21, it makes sense that he needed a rest. It's no surprise that since he's had that little break he's back to near his best.

In all honesty i can see Moussa becoming like Gower, extremely talented but end up being forced out by people who like players who run to about at 100mph with little product or talent, but hey maybe they will realise how good he really is when he is gone and when he is playing consistently in the Championship and poss Prem.

Also some people on here seem to forget he is still only 20! And has a long way to go before he reaches his peak, which for a CM (which he is) is another 7 or 8 years away.

Last edited:
I think the reason Moussa is so highly rated on here is that he's always had a touch of quality about him. It's difficult to explain precisely, but you can normally tell within a couple of touches if a player has that little bit of class about them: it's something in their first touch, their technique and the way they are comfortable with the ball at their feet, almost at one with it, and how it then gives them time.

Moussa has it. Gower had it, Eastwood had it, Mulgrew who we talked about on another thread definitely had it and you could tell within his first couple of touches that he had a bit of class about him. Grant doesn't quite have it but does a passable impression of it at times, McCormack definitely doesn't have it, Christophe, Scannell, Spencer etc etc all the rest of the side don't have it. Even in his brief appearance you could see that Crawford didn't have that extra bit of quality about him. Their first touch isn't quite crisp enough and whilst (JFC aside) there may be nothing particularly wrong with it, it is workmanlike rather than quality. You can still forge a good career out of it - Mark Bentley being a prime example of someone who didn't have any class on the ball but was a great player for us - but they are unlikely to go as high in the game.

By the same token, having that touch of class doesn't ensure you do have a good career, but it's definitely something to build on. Of the current lot Moussa is the only one who IMHO looks as if he has that extra bit of quality on the ball about him. That's what I see in him, and I suspect that is what the others who rate his talent see in him.

I agree on the whole, but actually have been thinking that over the last few games, Scannell and Grant's first touch have been improving

Last edited:
I agree on the whole, but actually have been thinking that over the last few games, Scannell and Grant's first touch have been improving

Wouldn't disagree with that. Grant's been returning from injury and Scannell finding his feet in professional football. The more games they get under the belt and the more their confidence improves, the better their touch will get. However, it's something they have to work on, whereas it appears that someone like Moussa has a feel for the ball naturally (although he will have no doubt acquired this through hard work as a youngster).

However, it's something they have to work on, whereas it appears that someone like Moussa has a feel for the ball naturally (although he will have no doubt acquired this through hard work as a youngster).

I dare say Franck's time at Wet Sham will have an awful lot to do with it as well... It's something they drill into their youths from the start.

I've missed two games all season and I can assure you that it's only in the last two or three that he's played anything like good enough.

Well, you clearly weren't at Cloud Cuckoo Land, where he was superb from start to finish, despite the result.

Well, you clearly weren't at Cloud Cuckoo Land, where he was superb from start to finish, despite the result.

Having missed only 2 games all season I can assure you I was. Superlatives such as "superb from start to finish" really need to be used a bit more discerningly, especially as several people blatantly thought he was anything but, and definitely inconsistent over the two halfs (halves?) in that game.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58201

That is the thing I object to here, if it's one of your "top" young men, Grant or Moussa in particular, that has a good game then the eulogising (as I said elsewhere, and this time have spelt correctly) is akin to a bunch of teenage hormonal girls discussing the latest boy band! Now, me and Roxy, we can get away with that as we're women but it's really not becoming for blokes to be practically orgasmic in speech when discussing an individual player!!!

Having missed only 2 games all season I can assure you I was. Superlatives such as "superb from start to finish" really need to be used a bit more discerningly, especially as several people blatantly thought he was anything but, and definitely inconsistent over the two halfs (halves?) in that game.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58201

That is the thing I object to here, if it's one of your "top" young men, Grant or Moussa in particular, that has a good game then the eulogising (as I said elsewhere, and this time have spelt correctly) is akin to a bunch of teenage hormonal girls discussing the latest boy band! Now, me and Roxy, we can get away with that as we're women but it's really not becoming for blokes to be practically orgasmic in speech when discussing an individual player!!!

Bookmarked on the off chance McCormack has a half decent game between now and the end of the season when he's off.

ps It is halves not halfs.

Could it be that Scannell's form has kick started Mousa's - making him think Jeez I could do that?! Must say I didnt think Mousa had it in him, especially the confidence and pace to take the fullback on round the outside.

Nope, just think Moussa has been hugely over rated while giving some absolutely shocking performances. It just seems hugely coincidental that suddenly he's playing out of his skin when contract discussions are going on.

Only reason he scored two last night was cos of the hard work by Grant and Macca in allowing him the freedom he needed. I've missed two games all season and I can assure you that it's only in the last two or three that he's played anything like good enough.

Notice incidentally, that despite scoring two and getting MotM he still didn't bother to acknowledge the supporters at the end. That's what I really don't like about him.

Moussa has not given any shocking performance in my opinion. He is absolute quality and people will not realise that until he has been hounded out of the club.

Now one player that has been totally inept this season is..........

Could it be that Scannell's form has kick started Mousa's - making him think Jeez I could do that?! Must say I didnt think Mousa had it in him, especially the confidence and pace to take the fullback on round the outside.

Could possibly be. TBH it could be a number of factors that have kick-started Moussa's form;

Wages - Apparently have been paid now. Is it coincidence that the months they weren't (reportedly) being payed, Moussa's, aswell as others, form plummetted?

Other options - Mousse has found himself dropped a few times. Has it been the kick up his jacksy that was needed?

Played in position - Mousse has found himself playing in CM lately (Walsall aside) is it a case of a 'spoilt kid' finally getting his own way? Or maybe a case of, "now i'm in this position, i'm going to do all i can to stay here".

Webb/Tilly's man management - Have one of these taken him aside and instilled the responsibility and confindence in him to perform different roles.

I honestly think it could be a mixture of all these things. One thing's for sure, we are reaping the benefits at the moment. Long may it continue

Back