• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All the subs were weak in my opinion. Payne was not ready for a game like this. Clifford was out of touch. Freddy looked heavier than I have ever seen him, and a bit slow.
Probably explains one of the many reasons why we just came up short this season. Our impact subs rarely have an impact.
Freddy and Barney look finished, and the rest of the bench is fairly weak.

I could understand the substitution if PB was thinking Timlin might get a red. But Clifford and Payne looked the wrong players to bring on when we needed to score. I have only since both play a few times, but I have yet to see anything in either that suggests they could turn a match. I would have preferred Murphy to Payne.

PB most of the time when he uses subs are just not effective enough they should be brought onto to change a game either way, bringing Payne was a was IMO a mistake. I think he's overrated and is not a pro footballer! There have been plenty of games I've seen this season where the oppositions subs have come on and change a game. I think one was Exeter at home we was 2-1 and we ended up losing 3-2.

It was sensible to take him off as he'd committed a couple of dangerous fouls but I think Laird would've been better in the situation than Clifford. An experienced calm head. Clifford didn't really do anything when he came on. But it was the Kee substitution that changed things (if no one's made a pun headline out of that then something's wrong). None of our subs made any impact really except for Payne's volley. Eastwood can bugger off in the summer.

The way Burton were dropping to the floor and screaming like stuck pigs every time anyone touched them, the ref looked like he was the kind to show a red card, Tims had to go for his own benefit, had we won the tie he would have been still been available for the final.
He was a key player and another victim of Burtons "spoiling" tactics.

The way Burton were dropping to the floor and screaming like stuck pigs every time anyone touched them, the ref looked like he was the kind to show a red card, Tims had to go for his own benefit, had we won the tie he would have been still been available for the final.
He was a key player and another victim of Burtons "spoiling" tactics.

This, exactly.

I dont see you can agree with Brown its cost us league 1 position next year. He should hold his hands up and agree to. :nope:

Sorry Chemico ,the reason we are not in lge 1 next season is because we dont have any strikers that live upto the tag of strikers,Burtons strikers scored goals which is what they supposed to do, ours didnt and Corr had a guilt edged chance just a minute or 2 after Burton scored, his shot was weak to say the least.Been SUFC downfall all season the final third as PB calls it.

As mentioned before, Laird for Timlin would've been a like-for-like swap..........

Me? as we were chasing the game would've brought on Prosser to support BBBC up front and terrorise them in the air.................sadly way too late now

As mentioned before, Laird for Timlin would've been a like-for-like swap..........

Me? as we were chasing the game would've brought on Prosser to support BBBC up front and terrorise them in the air.................sadly way too late now
Prosser was ready to come on just before McGurk scored, Brown changed the sub to Payne at that point.

Good points Rick,just sickened at the constant time wasting from Burton if the ref had stopped this at the start we might have gone to Wembley.
Key coming on for them seemed to buck them up a bit but feel a bit hard done by and feel football lost saturday

Agreed and these were my thoughts too - Sokolik looked clumsy and uncomfortable against Kee, basically Kee drew Sokolik into a fight as opposed to an aerial battle.

Without pointing the finger too much but I thought both young centre halves were poor over the two play off matches

well said. Both were poor in playoffs.

Sorry Chemico ,the reason we are not in lge 1 next season is because we dont have any strikers that live upto the tag of strikers,Burtons strikers scored goals which is what they supposed to do, ours didnt and Corr had a guilt edged chance just a minute or 2 after Burton scored, his shot was weak to say the least.Been SUFC downfall all season the final third as PB calls it.

Had we not conceeded stupid freekick after stupid freekick we'd have been fine.

Barry Corr has scored as many as both of the Burton strikers this season.

Had we not conceeded stupid freekick after stupid freekick we'd have been fine.

Can't possibly know that Beefy. Sure they may not have scored then, but once Kee came on we fell apart. Before I though we'd nick a third, once he came on it felt like a matter of time until they equalised.

Can't possibly know that Beefy. Sure they may not have scored then, but once Kee came on we fell apart. Before I though we'd nick a third, once he came on it felt like a matter of time until they equalised.

Fair point. My point was more that people are happy to pin-point Barry Corr missing a chance at 1-0 as being 'the reason' why we're not at Wembley next week when we have no idea what would have happened after that.

We had the physical advantage on Saturday but we conceded too many silly fouls and let Kee bully us when he came on. And yet, once again, the only people being criticised on Shrimperzone are the strikers.

Prosser was ready to come on just before McGurk scored, Brown changed the sub to Payne at that point.

yes, I saw that as well . Its a real shame as I honestly think Prosser could have been the difference. he doesn't get bullied and he offers much needed leadership that we lack. I'm not sure who lost Holnes for the first goal , but Prosser tends to mark the most potent aerial threat, and it was clear that Hoilnes would fall into that catergory.

gutted --- still . Not just for the day , and then missing Wembley,and a potential victory, but also for the difference it might have meant on keeping vital players. Still can't believe we are not going

Back