• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

snapper1

Schoolboy
Enjoy Wembley and/or The Rolling Stones at Glastonbury.
2-2 aint good enough by far :-(

What a negative thread - we've closed the gap on Cheltenham today and if we win our game in hand will only be 6 points behind them.

They have a stinker of a run -in:

Cheltenham V Northampton
Mon 1 Apr 15:00
Plymouth V Cheltenham
Sat 6 Apr 15:00
Cheltenham V Gillingham
Sat 13 Apr 15:00
Exeter V Cheltenham
Sat 20 Apr 15:00
Cheltenham V Bradford
Sat 27 Apr 15:00

So it's not over yet - 7 th place often does well in the Play-offs too

Going up with Phil Brown ........

Think we have to be realistic, enjoy Wembley in nine days time and then see how the Permatanned One assesses the squad before the end of the season, to attack promotion next season.

We could still end up with silverware this year. Which is more than clubs like Arsenal or Wet Sham...

Well one good thing from today is our new gaffer will almost certainly bin the mad Frenchman :happy:He will show the boll0cks that Sturrock never had.

Now we know it's League Two next season, we can tie up the contracts (hopefully) of a few of our better players. Mr Brown needs to sit down with the likes of Prosser, Clohessy and Tomlin and tie them down to new deals before they get poached in the summer if they have not been tapped up already.

Once he identifies who he wants to keep, I am sure he will build a squad that will chase automatic promotion next season. A fit Eastwood and a fit Harris will also be like a couple of fresh and experienced signings.

What a negative thread - we've closed the gap on Cheltenham today and if we win our game in hand will only be 6 points behind them.

They have a stinker of a run -in:

Cheltenham V Northampton
Mon 1 Apr 15:00
Plymouth V Cheltenham
Sat 6 Apr 15:00
Cheltenham V Gillingham
Sat 13 Apr 15:00
Exeter V Cheltenham
Sat 20 Apr 15:00
Cheltenham V Bradford
Sat 27 Apr 15:00

So it's not over yet - 7 th place often does well in the Play-offs too

Going up with Phil Brown ........

Please please please stop this nonsense!! We simply aren't good enough - on paper we should be, but we clearly are not going to get anywhere near that 7th spot as we massively bottle it every time we get even a sniff of the play-off spots.

Well one good thing from today is our new gaffer will almost certainly bin the mad Frenchman :happy:He will show the boll0cks that Sturrock never had.

Now we know it's League Two next season, we can tie up the contracts (hopefully) of a few of our better players. Mr Brown needs to sit down with the likes of Prosser, Clohessy and Tomlin and tie them down to new deals before they get poached in the summer if they have not been tapped up already.

Once he identifies who he wants to keep, I am sure he will build a squad that will chase automatic promotion next season. A fit Eastwood and a fit Harris will also be like a couple of fresh and experienced signings.

Not so sure about comments re the mad frenchman. In Brown's interview he didn't seem too bothered about Bil's antics and said he wants to find out what makes him tick and likes players who are a bit different. He also said Bilel showed he wanted to play for the team, so I don't think he will be binning him just yet.

Bit harsh as the scenarios are completely different. This time last season we had an option to extend his contract and grab an extra £200,000-odd. He only came back because we were very desperate for players. This season his contract is over, no clauses to extend and after the shambles of failed loans and trials, we won't bother.

Fail to win on Monday and it will be. 5 wins from the last 6 games is still possible. Unlikely but still possible.

Bit harsh as the scenarios are completely different. This time last season we had an option to extend his contract and grab an extra £200,000-odd. He only came back because we were very desperate for players. This season his contract is over, no clauses to extend and after the shambles of failed loans and trials, we won't bother.

True to a certain extent, but I feel he was shown far too many chances before the end of last season.

True to a certain extent, but I feel he was shown far too many chances before the end of last season.

True, would have loved to see that bid from those Hamsters accepted at the start of the season. Extra money in the bank and Mohsni set loose at Wet Spam would have been lovely!

Do you really think Brown is going to dump Mohsni . Well what he said after the match on BBC ESSEX I am not to sure he will . have to wait and see . The more important thing is getting tomlin to sign for another season .He is the spark that we have been missing for the last 6 weeks . I believe chohessy may stay and Timlin has another year to run on his return next season . lLets hope brown can keep the core base of the team and build around it in the summer .

Brown seems a fan of Bilel. I wouldn't be surprised if he offers him a new deal in the summer...

yes sounded like that to me as well . Maybe he thinks he can get through to him where others have not . Wish him luck on this one I don't think it will be to popular if he stays next season .

yes sounded like that to me as well . Maybe he thinks he can get through to him where others have not . Wish him luck on this one I don't think it will be to popular if he stays next season .

I would just point out for all the anti mohsni feeling on here he still gets the biggest cheer at roots hall when name announced (possibly equal with freddie) I tell you what have a listen on monday and get back to me, I guarantee the loudest cheer is for Mohsni.....im not saying its right but the majority of fans at the hall love him whatever.

Back