• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
He'd been a recluse for many years and so hadn't been part of the 'public' world for a long time, if ever he had been. I still felt a tinge of sadness hearing the news that he'd died last night at the age of 91, of 'natural causes.' I guess for many people 'The Catcher In The Rye' is one of those books that stays with you and one that you wish to re-read every now and again. Reminded me too of my old English teacher back in the early seventies and the brilliant books she used to bring us. Thank you, Mrs. Fleet - 'Catcher' was the first one I read from cover-to-cover, staying up most of the night to read ... RIP, JD ... the man who gave us Holden Caulfield and told us all we needed to know about 'phoneys' ... fantastic stuff. Now where is my old dog-eared copy? :cool:

Last edited:
Catcher has always been on my "to be read" list but have always shied away from reading it due to its notoriety

I dusted down my dog eared copy this morning and started re-reading it on the train. I'd say it's one of those books that is must read.

RIP

Basically it's the book that invented the teenager back in 1951, some years before Elvis and rock and roll got in the act.
RIP JPS

I'll have to dig it out again I think. After Shimpero's book that I was strong armed into buying this morning ;)

Two things:

1. Can the mods amend the Title to JD Salinger. I think it's important to get this man's name right.
  2. The Catcher in the Rye is an excellent book that I hate! I read it twice and hated it equally both times, if that makes sense. Holden Caulfield deserves to be shot.

Two things:

1. Can the mods amend the Title to JD Salinger. I think it's important to get this man's name right.
  2. The Catcher in the Rye is an excellent book that I hate! I read it twice and hated it equally both times, if that makes sense. Holden Caulfield deserves to be shot.

Modded :angel:

Two things:

Sorry - the P came from the Kennedys' Press Secretary, Pierre Salinger, in my half-asleep mode when I posted! :dim:

Basically it's the book that invented the teenager back in 1951, some years before Elvis and rock and roll got in the act.
RIP JPS

I'll have to dig it out again I think. After Shimpero's book that I was strong armed into buying this morning ;)

I'd read Catcher first if I were you.:)

Ha - my little booky-wooky (http://www.amazon.co.uk/FM247-Radio-Binfield-Rob-Spooner/dp/1409283402/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_4) is actually the book that invented the middle-aged teenager! :cool: Hope you like it, MK - tell it how it is, don't spare my blushes! :)

Back