• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did you not see that brilliant ball he put in for Gillingham's second goal at Charlton on Monday?
I reckon he has come on leaps and bounds in the last few months.

Yeah I saw that. Peach of a cross. Gills have been getting some good results of late and he has started at RB for most , if not all, of them.

Sometimes players just need a bit of faith and a run of games to perform. Playing them once then dropping them won't get you that.

If we allow him to play on Saturday and he scores the winner, Brown will be crucified for allowing him to play.

He can't win whatever he does.

Did you not see that brilliant ball he put in for Gillingham's second goal at Charlton on Monday?
I reckon he has come on leaps and bounds in the last few months.

He scored a thunderbolt of a free kick a week or two ago as well. Also had another one smash of the bar. Never knew he has such a good free kick on him

Who is Graham?

Fine by me.

I can't say I mourned the departure of youth team products like Jason Williams, Johnny Herd, Harry Crawford etc who always looked destined for non-league. I think Bridge is in an entirely different category to them.

Maybe we can see if in 2 years he's playing at a higher level than the man who let him go is managing.

My excuse if he doesn't make it is that he's done a Stephen Broad/:pig: and his heart is no longer in it having been released from his boyhood club:sad::cry::sad:

None of the players released by Brown or Sturrock have gone onto better things. Both are very experienced managers who it seems are far better judges of players, both in terms of ability and the mental requirements required to make it as a professional footballer, than many are prepared to give credit for.

We did sell both Kane Ferdinand and Ryan Hall whilst Sturrock was in charge. Both clearly had the ability and looked great prospects but have since drifted away into non-league. One can only assume they did not have the work ethic or ability to fully apply themselves. Lee Sawyer looked great in his first loan spell...

Maybe Jack Bridge does have the ability but so far he has not been able to transfer it onto the pitch. At 22 Northampton is likely to be his last chance to do so and that realisation could be what he needs to find that extra.

None of the players released by Brown or Sturrock have gone onto better things. Both are very experienced managers who it seems are far better judges of players, both in terms of ability and the mental requirements required to make it as a professional footballer, than many are prepared to give credit for.

We did sell both Kane Ferdinand and Ryan Hall whilst Sturrock was in charge. Both clearly had the ability and looked great prospects but have since drifted away into non-league. One can only assume they did not have the work ethic or ability to fully apply themselves. Lee Sawyer looked great in his first loan spell...

Maybe Jack Bridge does have the ability but so far he has not been able to transfer it onto the pitch. At 22 Northampton is likely to be his last chance to do so and that realisation could be what he needs to find that extra.

Good post Feathers (not allowed to like others at the mo).

PB had high hopes for Conor Clifford but ended up frustrated because Conor had a touch of I know best about him. As he was captain of Chelsea's FA youth cup winning team that's slightly understandable.

In the end he had some undisciplined performances by ignoring instructions. There was of course many an expert on here telling us how he would blossom and excel under another manger etc.....Not sure how he is doing at Dundalk?

Theres nothing wrong with preventing him playing against us.

We all know if he did he would be trying much harder than he will against other opponents.

Its a 2 1/2 year contract , but i think we are stalling on the paperwork so that it doesnt go through in time for Saturday. Pathetic. :facepalm:

PB has already stated that if anything happens he won't be allowed to play on Saturday, so I doubt the delay is anything to do with that.

PB has already stated that if anything happens he won't be allowed to play on Saturday, so I doubt the delay is anything to do with that.
I’m not doubting that this is the case, but regardless of whether it is part of the deal or not , isn’t it actually against employment law? We can’t stop someone plying their trade once we are no longer their employer. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I thought

I’m not doubting that this is the case, but regardless of whether it is part of the deal or not , isn’t it actually against employment law? We can’t stop someone plying their trade once we are no longer their employer. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I thought

Restrictive covenants are quite common in employment contracts. It's not uncommon for someone to have 6 months paid gardening leave to stop them going immediately to a competitor.

This is one match.

Who is Graham?

Fine by me.

I can't say I mourned the departure of youth team products like Jason Williams, Johnny Herd, Harry Crawford etc who always looked destined for non-league. I think Bridge is in an entirely different category to them.

Maybe we can see if in 2 years he's playing at a higher level than the man who let him go is managing.

My excuse if he doesn't make it is that he's done a Stephen Broad/:pig: and his heart is no longer in it having been released from his boyhood club:sad::cry::sad:
Number 2 ,played CB and he knows is stuff :smile:

Theres nothing wrong with preventing him playing against us.

We all know if he did he would be trying much harder than he will against other opponents.

What is Brown afraid of? He has never rated Bridge so he can't be scared Bridge may have a good game against us, can he?

because Bridge would know every tactic and every (football-related) thought every player is likely to have. that is probably more important than his ability as such

Back