• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cox isn't the master of subtlety...

What is Brown afraid of? He has never rated Bridge so he can't be scared Bridge may have a good game against us, can he?

Because if he has a good game and we lose, with him scoring as likely as not, PB and Ron would be pilloried for selling him to a club we were about to play without any restrictive covenant. It’s a no brainer really.

Because if he has a good game and we lose, with him scoring as likely as not, PB and Ron would be pilloried for selling him to a club we were about to play without any restrictive covenant. It’s a no brainer really.

Brown doesn't rate Bridge so why would he think Bridge would have a good game at all?

Shame about Bridge, always wanted to see him given the chance to prove his potential. Unfortunately with el tango face in charge that was never going to happen.

Good Luck Jack, see you again in about 5/10 years when you re-sign.

I’m not doubting that this is the case, but regardless of whether it is part of the deal or not , isn’t it actually against employment law? We can’t stop someone plying their trade once we are no longer their employer. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I thought

I'm not a lawyer. I have no idea, but I doubt it. Either way it happens to be the case so arguing that we're delaying so he can't play was clearly a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Ah, ok.

I was scared in case you were talking about Graham Westley, who would seem to be a very Ron appointment.

Sorry - just liked this by mistake!

Ron's choice of managers since Wignall has been excellent.

Cox isn't the master of subtlety...

If PB has lost the confidence of some of the players, it may be because he could not or would not give Jack Bridge a sustained opportunity to show the talents that he has. Coughlan also diplomatically alluded to this a while back. I do not think Northampton would hand Bridge a 30 month contract unless they were extremely impressed by him.

BBC site says Bridge went for an undisclosed fee, does anyone know the accuracy of this

also in latest wondrous comment Brown strangely says that he is "fighting with the players"' also pronounced to the world on BBC football page

Restrictive covenants are quite common in employment contracts. It's not uncommon for someone to have 6 months paid gardening leave to stop them going immediately to a competitor.

This is one match.
That is a totally different scenario, when you are on gardening leave you are still employed by your current employer and are better by paid by them. We no longer employ Jack bridge and ( I thought) could not legally have any say in how he plays his trade.

That is a totally different scenario, when you are on gardening leave you are still employed by your current employer and are better by paid by them. We no longer employ Jack bridge and ( I thought) could not legally have any say in how he plays his trade.

Just date the transfer document for Monday 8th January - probably best all round for all concerned.

I have vague recollection of someone in the past playing for us and them against us in the next game or shortly after - I can't for the life of me pin point it, probably a loan signing - it may have been John - Joe O'Toole or maybe Dean Morgan.

He won't be able to play today due to needing to be registered by 12:30 on the Friday. Hence why the deal was not confirmed until after this time.

Does that include Phil Brown (for you)? :winking:

Certainly does.

Brown got us promoted and that isn’t easy so definitely a good appointment.

Of course the Rochdale away game last season should have sealed his fate but to be fair to him he abandoned his one up front nonsense, Ranger came back and we of course improved.

As I have said on here before, it is his appetite to be anywhere but SUFC and his vindictive man management that gets my goat.

Can we resurrect this thread in two years time so we can see if he has joined that massive list of players released by SUFC in their early 20's who were not playing in the conference at 25 .......

Seeing as he is being released by Northampton maybe we should. There are another couple of threads on the same player with some very interesting comments.

Back