• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Jack Bridge Signs

Judge, jury and executioner all before he has kicked a ball this time round. For the sake of the team, please keep feelings to yourselves until they have actually played a few games.

Yes they may not cut it but sounds like these opinions are being based on a few performances 4 years ago when our opposition was much stronger and the player was much younger.

Please get behind the team, confidence is everything.

The general consensus from Bromley fans is that he can be good but is inconsistent and far too often doesn't look up.

Tbh that sounds very similar to when he was last here.

[/QUOTE]
Judge, jury and executioner all before he has kicked a ball this time round. For the sake of the team, please keep feelings to yourselves until they have actually played a few games.

Yes they may not cut it but sounds like these opinions are being based on a few performances 4 years ago when our opposition was much stronger and the player was much younger.

Please get behind the team, confidence is everything.
People are only expressing opinions, dont think anything out of order has been said?

Its pretty simple anyway isnt it. If hes good the fans will like him, if hes rubbish they wont. Im sure all footballers know this...

Most of us have some memory of Jack when he was last here, but as some have said, it's best to judge the bloke after we've seen him play again. Get a few games under his belt and see how he does. Me? I'm absolutely gagging for a Southend player to impress me on a regular basis so there's his chance. All the other stuff from the past is where it should be, in the past. I tell you what though, if he has made naughty tweets in the past then we ought to suspend him before it gets worse. :Winking:

Well I am glad he is back. Phil knows him and what he is capable of. I would certainly hope he has improved over the 150 games he has now played. And he was part of a play off achieving team in the division we are going to be playing in. Throw in the local lad, dreaming of a return to the club he started at, then if that gets another half yard of pace, increased effort and making that last ditch tackle through the season then it's a tick in the box from me.

Welcome home Jack ! Now make yourself undroppable.

You'd be amazed at how many players parents, wives, girlfriends etc are registered on the Zone. And no, I'm not going to tell you which ones.
RHB I know it was a dig at those who moan on any signing, too old, too young, too injury prone,too much up the A 12 I could go on....
Some of my best friends on here are parents of players who suffer in silence

RHB I know it was a dig at those who moan on any signing, too old, too young, too injury prone,too much up the A 12 I could go on....
Some of my best friends on here are parents of players who suffer in silence
If you opt for a performance related career in the public eye youve got to expect this sort of thing, its just exacerbated these days as its moved from the terraces to social media.

Thats why one of our players quit a while back as he decided it wasnt for him, and all power to him.

That said, i agree, cant be easy for parents.

Well I am glad he is back. Phil knows him and what he is capable of. I would certainly hope he has improved over the 150 games he has now played. And he was part of a play off achieving team in the division we are going to be playing in. Throw in the local lad, dreaming of a return to the club he started at, then if that gets another half yard of pace, increased effort and making that last ditch tackle through the season then it's a tick in the box from me.

Welcome home Jack ! Now make yourself undroppable.

For some reason, I think RD may have played a big role in helping Phil Brown bring Jack Bridge. And as DoF he may have very definite ideas how Southend can get the best out of Bridge in a Southend shirt. As I think many on this board would appreciate, it makes a tremendous difference when someone believes in you and hopefully Bridge can thrive at Southend with the support of the new management team.

Back