• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
It’s not difficult. We are presumably using some of the Dalby money on paying Hyde’s wages.I would have far rather we had not tied ourself to Wrexham, and used all of the money on buying one or two players of our choice, not a Wrexham “hand me down”.
in fact, as I have said recently on this thread, if Wrexham wanted Dalby so much, we should have made them wait until at least one of Murphy or Caldwell had returned to full fitness.

But Hyde is a player we wanted, if we didn’t we wouldn’t have him.

We have turned down plenty of players from clubs, agents, players themselves over the summer because we don’t want/need them or them don’t fit into what we are after.

We could sign a striker on loan tomorrow if we really wanted one, but again, we don’t want some of those we’ve been offered, or we’ve been offered them on poor terms (I.e. guaranteed game time etc), or we don’t deem them to be good enough, or the style of player we need.

All of the players Kev, Benno, Currie have signed have been players they’ve wanted, and that includes Hyde.

It’s not difficult. We are presumably using some of the Dalby money on paying Hyde’s wages.I would have far rather we had not tied ourself to Wrexham, and used all of the money on buying one or two players of our choice, not a Wrexham “hand me down”.
in fact, as I have said recently on this thread, if Wrexham wanted Dalby so much, we should have made them wait until at least one of Murphy or Caldwell had returned to full fitness.

I think we were paying Dalby a Wage and Now we are paying some of Jakes. Plus we either have a small amount of money in the bank thanks to the transfer or we know there will be some coming over the course of the contract.

To suggest even if we had kept Dalby,that we wouldn't still be looking for a new striker is inaccurate.

Can we not just send him back?unless he’s back training within two weeks, no point keeping him here.

If his deal is like others in the past then we would have to pay his full wage. There would be zero motivation for Wrexham to get him back fit enough to be selected.

Except what thenobster said was not a wind-up. It was a genuine question that I feel inclined to ask myself. Personally I think we’ve been sold a pup. (Yes I know we haven’t bought him, but with the Dalby money we could have bought a decent striker with a far more injury-free record than Hyde).
Mine was a generic statement not directed at anyone in particular @Stuart W . The Nobster's question may well have merit, not for me to say.

I think we were paying Dalby a Wage and Now we are paying some of Jakes. Plus we either have a small amount of money in the bank thanks to the transfer or we know there will be some coming over the course of the contract.

To suggest even if we had kept Dalby,that we wouldn't still be looking for a new striker is inaccurate.
I never said we wouldn’t be looking for a new striker if Dalby had stayed; we were clearly short of one due to injuries, which is why I said with the Dalby money we needed one or TWO to come in. I just remain to be convinced that the whole deal was something that suited both parties. If we were determined to do two-way business with Wrexham, then we should have played hardball and said a deal involving Ollie Palmer was the only way we would release Dalby.
We are not talking Manchester City here for goodness sakes, we are talking about a club that has spent a hell of a long time stuck in the National League. We should have stood our ground a hell of a lot more than we did.

Unless a player comes through the academy they're all hand me downs.

We don't need Crocky Balboa, we have Wreh, Sandat and that kid Fiddles or whatever his name is. Love a wild card striker and I think young Mr Wreh is going to surprise a few!

I never said we wouldn’t be looking for a new striker if Dalby had stayed; we were clearly short of one due to injuries, which is why I said with the Dalby money we needed one or TWO to come in. I just remain to be convinced that the whole deal was something that suited both parties. If we were determined to do two-way business with Wrexham, then we should have played hardball and said a deal involving Ollie Palmer was the only way we would release Dalby.
We are not talking Manchester City here for goodness sakes, we are talking about a club that has spent a hell of a long time stuck in the National League. We should have stood our ground a hell of a lot more than we did.
You say that but there was also Dalby’s career to consider and a very fine balance. He had 1 year left on his contract so multiple factors came into play.
If we keep the football department as is I think we have lots to look forward to.

Scan results are back, it’s a grade one and should hopefully only be out for a couple of weeks.
That makes it 3-4 weeks in total I assume, i.e. the two weeks it has already been and another 2 on top of that. Or have I mis-understood?

Two points:

1. A grade 1 tear will not result in so much swelling that it takes 10 days to settle ready for a scan.
2. My wife reckons she would get a grade 1 tear back in max 4 weeks. I pointed out that was what they reckoned and her reply was that she would expect to do that with a patient of hers that works full time and only goes to see her once a week (and isn't that diligent about their exercises). A professional footballer who is working daily on their recovery shouldn't take that long. She suggested it might be nearer a grade 2 tear if they think it would be that long.

From speaking to her it seems that the criteria used to grade a tear is quite subjective, so that could easily be the case without there being any need to accuse anyone of lying etc.

Oh, for **** sake, that quick? Only two voters went for 4 weeks so it can't possibly be true. What will we do if he's back playing after so little time on the repair table?:Scared:

That makes it 3-4 weeks in total I assume, i.e. the two weeks it has already been and another 2 on top of that. Or have I mis-understood?
You've also got another few weeks to get up to speed in terms of match sharpness. Which he already looked like he lacked when getting the injury. Don't want the same thing occuring again by rushing him back.

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher has confirmed striker Jake Hyde will not be spending too long on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

The on loan Wrexham forward picked up the problem during his Shrimpers debut against Boreham Wood on the opening day of the season.

But scan results have now shown it is not a serious setback.
Maher said: “It’s a grade one so it’s pretty good news. Hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks until he’s back with us.”

Blues are still waiting for scan results on Harry Taylor's knee injury

You've also got another few weeks to get up to speed in terms of match sharpness. Which he already looked like he lacked when getting the injury. Don't want a the same thing occuring again by rushing him back.
Let's hope not.

Back