• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has he only played 6 games for Accrington?
Sometimes moves just do not work out for players and their new team, could be style of play, they don't settle etc any number of issues. So hopefully it is just a case of that, if indeed he does sign. Players training with a club don't always sign, We have had Jordan Archer training with us this season as well as Garmston from Gillingham so we will have to see i guess.

Last edited:
Sometimes moves just do not work out for players and their new tea,. could be style of play, they don't settle etc any number of issues. So hopefully it is just a case of that, if indeed he does sign. Players training with a club don't always sign, We have had Jordan Archer training with us this season as well as Garmston from Gillingham so we will have to see i guess.
PG Tips? Typhoo?

I don't get the negativity. He got to two Wembley finals with Fylde last season and had we signed him then, people would have said, "I'm glad we're trying to get gems from non-league, rather than washed up has-been's on big money!"

Additionally, who else do people think we are going to get in our current position? Yes Clifford is back, but two players in that position is ok. Plus, we don't know if Clifford is ready for league football yet.

If we sign him, I'm happy to back him.

Last edited:
I don't get the negativity. He got to two Wembley finals with Fylde last season and had we signed him then, people would have said, "I'm glad we're trying to get gems from non-league, rather than washed up has-been's on big money!"

Additionally, who else did people think we were going to get in our current position? Yes Clifford is back, but two players in that position is ok. Plus we don't know if Clifford is ready for league football yet.

If we sign him, I'm happy to back him.

Stop talking sense, this is a moaning forum, so go away and think about what you typed :Cool:

If Sol decides he’d be a good signing then that’s good enough for me. We’re definitely improving slowly under his leadership and I’m happy to back his judgement. This season is a write-off and it certainly isn’t Campbell’s fault, we need to be fully behind him and judge him next season when it’s HIS team not Bond’s.

1. Training with does not mean signing for
2. If there is a deal in the offing, we don't know if it's permanent or a short-term loan.
3. He's out of contract in the summer. We may just be running the rule over him with a view to a permanent signing if he's any good.
4. We have no left back, won't have one for the foreseeable future. If Campbell feels this is the best way to go, rather than continue to go for square pegs in round holes, fair play. Clifford may not be ready for L1 football yet,

Of course it is not always about which league you are in or the salary you pay, it can sometimes be about location. Your close proximity to London must make it attractive to players who come from around there or who would like to live close by. We have several London based players or people like Dean Gerken (A Rochford boy!) who signed for us from Ipswich not because we were paying fantastic money, but because he lived locally, knew the club from his previous stint with us, and didn't want to uproot his young family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back