• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the feeling Campbell has been told to forget any new signings this window? Just a few noises he’s making makes me think that. Plus the outgoings. We’re skint!

Anyone else get the feeling Campbell has been told to forget any new signings this window? Just a few noises he’s making makes me think that. Plus the outgoings. We’re skint!

I think that's obvious, strategy is to go down with what we got then try and build again with kids in L2

His interview where he said 5 or 6 will come in has been flatterned, he's given up, does he expect the fans not to give up though and still turn up and spend £ !!

I'm not worried about this window as we're down, I'm worried about getting at least one in over the summer and I think Sol will walk

It wouldn’t be so bad had Ron and Sol not peddled the bollocks of wanting 6 signings. I know 6 is a ridiculous amount for Jan but 0 is an even more ridiculous amount! Especially when 3 of the high earners have gone, 2 loanees returned you’d expect at least one ****ing signing!

Summer is gonna be interesting, wonder if we will make a signing b4 august, something tells me sol and RM are gonna say they’ll need up to 14 bodies in:ROFL:

To be fair to Ron (which I am not inclined to be really as he has totally cocked up every window since he last had a chief exec) the summer is a completely different market. There are players out of contract and worried about their livelihoods. Very few players are out of contract in Jan meaning a fee or an agreement to terminate a contract which inevitably involves a payoff and that takes time.

No excuse for not bringing in a loanee or two to plug the gaps, but then who would lend us their players given we apparently are a little bit carefree with our contractual obligations with loan players...

Has anyone heard of Alex teniola ? Plays for heybridge swifts, has around 20 goals this season, not sure how old he is but is a right handful for opposition defences, seen a lot of his goals and could be worth a trial or something, even a cheeky little bid, someone at the club must have looked at this guy, of course it’s a big step up and his age must be right, might be worth a look:Thumbs up:

He's been around quite a while so I can't imagine he's young. I remember him playing for Tonbridge Angels about 5 years ago.

Beginning to wonder whether SUFC will be around come next season or whether we will be joining Bury on the scrap heap.

I refer you to my earlier post.

The chances of making wholesale positive changes in a January transfer window when you're 2nd from bottom is pretty much zero.

There seems to be a common theme here:

• Before the window: Manager says we have numerous targets and there'll be changes
  • During the window: Manager says it's out of my hands. We'll see what happens
  • Near the end of the window: Manager says we'll make do with what we've got

This has happened a lot recently, and there is only one common denominator: No Chief Exec and Ron being in charge of negotiations.

The lack of a CEO is certainly a problem.

Maybe we should therefore campaign for Ron to sign someone to help him run the club?

The lack of a CEO is certainly a problem.

Maybe we should therefore campaign for Ron to sign someone to help him run the club?

Apparently there was someone lined up to come in...in November...and December...and before the window opened. I guess Ron was in charge of that negotiation too.

:ROFL:

Summer is gonna be interesting, wonder if we will make a signing b4 august, something tells me sol and RM are gonna say they’ll need up to 14 bodies in:ROFL:

Sol has the players there who want to play, but he does not (a) Like them (b) Doesn't think they are good enough (c) Finds it hard to communicate with them

if you knew Kiernan was gone you would move on and, in our position, bed in whoever will fill his boots. Unless of course you know that after today you have a new replacement for Kiernan. By wanting him to play one last game, suggests to me, Sol is hoping to keep the momentum going and genuinely has not given up on survival. I feel sure some new faces are on the way.

if you knew Kiernan was gone you would move on and, in our position, bed in whoever will fill his boots. Unless of course you know that after today you have a new replacement for Kiernan. By wanting him to play one last game, suggests to me, Sol is hoping to keep the momentum going and genuinely has not given up on survival. I feel sure some new faces are on the way.

Here's a thought... perhaps we have someone lined up but they can't come in until tomorrow? Maybe because they are playing tonight? MAYBE EVEN WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST HIM TONIGHT!

Oooohhhh... start a rumour... who plays at the back for Donny? Possible swap deal with Humprhys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back