• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept a close eye on Prosser at Exeter on Saturday— every single forward pass he tried to make,went to the opposition or off the pitch completely—an Exeter fan behind me was heard to shout “you’re costing us a fortune in lost balls,number five “. Eastman looks decent at that level.They only ever threatened with very long throws from the right back.Theo was as useless as ever.
Don't forget, "Colchester and Proud" only goes to every home game presumably, whereas you have seen him at....oh yes, that's right, away at the second top side. Your assessment of Prosser therefore is far more valued......not.

Both Ron and various management teams have been trying their absolute best to achieve the first part of this plan.

Sadly for all their effort we have seen nothing but criticism from some fans.....A little patience and we will get there
What frankly do you expect from the fans when we are almost in an identical position to 10 years ago. I don't doubt Ron and the previous managers all wanted to be successful...... but reality check... they weren't and the club has been weighted down by the expectations of FF and ongoing financial decisions which have been to the detriment of the footballing side. The only saving grace will be if FF actually starts in the first part of this year and the recent decisions explained in that context. Nobody will be more delighted if it all comes good and I'm proved wrong, but we should not be in this mess. As for expectations after 50 plus years of following the club to see them back in a lower league than when I started sums it up

I kept a close eye on Prosser at Exeter on Saturday— every single forward pass he tried to make,went to the opposition or off the pitch completely—an Exeter fan behind me was heard to shout “you’re costing us a fortune in lost balls,number five “. Eastman looks decent at that level.They only ever threatened with very long throws from the right back.Theo was as useless as ever.

That's blatantly not true and not reflected in the statistics either. I would have thought that you'd have seen enough sub-standard defensive performances this season to be able appreciate a decent performance by Luke that helped keep a clean sheet against a top three side away from home?

No Signings no hint of signings. sigh.

I totally agree with the workmanlike type of pro needed for the level we are headed. Also picking up on Zuess' comments about Col U at Exeter.

I watched the the Northampton v Derby FA Cup tie and saw nothing but that in the Northampton team. Loads of hard work, but mostly direct play and poor first touch all over the park and they are also in a play off place at the time of this post!. The match was dire, with a blatant sending off in Derby's favour missed by all the officials.

Northampton's first touch was poor all over the pitch, Andy Williams and the number 14 were hard working up front, but nothing special. It would need a couple of physical CBs and a Ball playing one/defensive midfield and that would have taken care of their attacking game plan.
a lot depends on our plan regarding signings both now and in the summer, but if Sol has the desire to see the job through and rebuild the team to get us on an up, I can feel him achieving it, if he is given the time. Those two [points for me would be key.

If the job he achieved at Macclesfield before he left, was with him making the call on signings then RON, let him get on with it and give him the backing.

I seriously doubt he would have lumbered us with a Liam Ridgewell type signing!!

I'll be really surprised if we get anyone in (a loan or 2 @ best, maybe), the strategy is to go down with what we got !! and maybe get one or two in over the summer with the remainder and a load of kids !!

Martin has really scarred SUFC this season i.e. its like an illness riddled through the club, lack of funds, and more importantly, its a FACT, some players have not been paid on time ...... oh and our relationship with our good friends from the HMRC always give us good publicity

Players shouldn't touch us with a barge pole, if Agents have any sense, why would you advise anyone to come here ?? its not like we can tempt them with £

Its not going to happen this window........ hopefully in the summer we can get one or two in, or maybe not !

Maybe Ron should concentrate more on paying players on time and not getting taken to court - that may make players a little more keen on signing a contract with Southend eh?!

At least you have an excuse for not understanding the joke.

Prosser was about 21/22 when he joined IMO and didn't have a lot of FL experience. He was a bit green and made a few mistakes. However, he was here for several years and grew into a reliable and capable centre back in my opinion although some people never warmed to him perhaps some because they formed an opinion early and were too stubborn to go back on it. League Two probably his level but he didn't let us down much in those later years and, as centre halves tend to get better with experience, I am sure he is still a decent player now.

Anyway things have gone very quiet on the transfer front, but I suspect that is no surprise when you look at the last seven transfer windows (since Steve Kavanagh left).

Don't forget, "Colchester and Proud" only goes to every home game presumably, whereas you have seen him at....oh yes, that's right, away at the second top side. Your assessment of Prosser therefore is far more valued......not.

Many away games too! I must admit I was not at Exeter, but maybe Luke was instructed to waste time at every opportunity, they are a decent side so any time delaying tactic counts!

So players not getting paid on time was a Joke!? - ah - makes much more sense why the performances dipped them, players must have been laughing too much to train properly

Who has claimed that?

We tend to welcome guests on here unless of course they come on to troll.

Prosser was about 21/22 when he joined IMO and didn't have a lot of FL experience. He was a bit green and made a few mistakes. However, he was here for several years and grew into a reliable and capable centre back in my opinion although some people never warmed to him perhaps some because they formed an opinion early and were too stubborn to go back on it. League Two probably his level but he didn't let us down much in those later years and, as centre halves tend to get better with experience, I am sure he is still a decent player now.

Anyway things have gone very quiet on the transfer front, but I suspect that is no surprise when you look at the last seven transfer windows (since Steve Kavanagh left).

Yes I have found centreback like the goalkeeping position is one where experience counts. As I said Luke links well with Tom Eastman who has vastly improved over the last couple of years, and now we have the equally experienced Dean Gerkin back in goal it is a solid partnership as can be seen by our goals against column. The main thing they lack is pace, neither Luke or Tom are blessed with that attribute, but we have speedy full backs (Or whatever you call them these days!) who are more than capable of covering for them if needed.

So players not getting paid on time was a Joke!? - ah - makes much more sense why the performances dipped them, players must have been laughing too much to train properly

I think if you read Rigsbys original post with highlighted text from which he was referring it may all become clear my six fingered friend.

I see Blackpool are going at it on the transfer front with 7 incoming , 4 of which are loanees, all 7 from the Premier or Championship. 17 clubs brought in loanees, with half the league having brought in 2 or more, seems to be the flavour of the month. Only 5 clubs yet to move in the market, so just 4 more to move then its our go

That's blatantly not true and not reflected in the statistics either. I would have thought that you'd have seen enough sub-standard defensive performances this season to be able appreciate a decent performance by Luke that helped keep a clean sheet against a top three side away from home?

And quite truthfully a player that plays for the badge, the supporters and always gives 100% regardless of whether things go well or not

Yes I have found centreback like the goalkeeping position is one where experience counts. As I said Luke links well with Tom Eastman who has vastly improved over the last couple of years, and now we have the equally experienced Dean Gerkin back in goal it is a solid partnership as can be seen by our goals against column. The main thing they lack is pace, neither Luke or Tom are blessed with that attribute, but we have speedy full backs (Or whatever you call them these days!) who are more than capable of covering for them if needed.

At least you have 2 full backs !

I see Blackpool are going at it on the transfer front with 7 incoming , 4 of which are loanees, all 7 from the Premier or Championship. 17 clubs brought in loanees, with half the league having brought in 2 or more, seems to be the flavour of the month. Only 5 clubs yet to move in the market, so just 4 more to move then its our go

We will be foraging in the rejects bin once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back