• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

The question is does Ron see it that way? Maybe not.
I’d imagine Ron will realise that we don’t have enough to see us through to the end of the season at the moment.

I don’t think Walsh will count against MM in terms of Ron allowing him more January signings. I think Walsh was more of a signing for the future rather than for this season. Hence him being given a contract past the end of the season, unlike others.

Max Watters was actually recommended to Southend before he signed for Crawley.
I suspect at that point in time we were unable to do anything as we still had Kelman and Humphrys on our books and things were obviously extremely tight financially.

If, buts and maybes again...

There has to be more gems out there. Hopefully our new Recruitment Guru will find them!

What happened to the guy who was just about to sign? Or is there no-one really in the know anymore

What happened to the guy who was just about to sign? Or is there no-one really in the know anymore

It would appear that Molesley likes to keep his cards close to his chest. With Covid I think it’s harder for people to get information from Boots and Laces too as they won’t be allowed there and won’t notice any new faces at training.

But that was really us catching up with everyone else. We're now behind again.
We always seem to be slow and sluggish when it comes to the transfer window. 1 thing which has to improve regards the summer transfer is doing are transfer business early. Their been plenty of season gone by where we have been slow and sluggish which has cost us in the long term.

We always seem to be slow and sluggish when it comes to the transfer window. 1 thing which has to improve regards the summer transfer is doing are transfer business early. Their been plenty of season gone by where we have been slow and sluggish which has cost us in the long term.

Equally Scunthorpe were regularly praised on here as a great example of signing players nice and early gets you results. Turns out its never when....Its who.....Stan and Freddy being a good couple examples.

Equally Scunthorpe were regularly praised on here as a great example of signing players nice and early gets you results. Turns out its never when....Its who.....Stan and Freddy being a good couple examples.
I agree with the sentiment, but it is still better to sign players early. But if that’s not possible, then wait for the right ones.

Thats a valid point but equally nonsense of course, as when is quite critical as I believe you are bright enough to know

That's what I've been wondering, if theres no relegation from L2 why spend the money now
How likely is this though? I know the NLS and NLN have been suspended but the National League is still being played. With the majority of the clubs being professional I reckon there’s still a decent chance of the National League finishing the season. Even if the NLS and NLN are cancelled.

How likely is this though? I know the NLS and NLN have been suspended but the National League is still being played. With the majority of the clubs being professional I reckon there’s still a decent chance of the National League finishing the season. Even if the NLS and NLN are cancelled.
Well Dover have only played 12 games this season and there are lots of games being postponed.

It will come down to money and if your club isn't going up or looking like they will why would you continue to play the season and risk going out of business?

It’s because the NL is professional ( with therefore higher attaching costs) and totally reliable on gates for income that they are particularly financially vulnerable.

Back