• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well rotherham have no chance and OK Sheffield United are a big club who will probley go up but would he want to leave his family and head up north:'(

When a player does well he will inevitably be linked to other clubs. No player is bigger than the club.

I think he is contracted to us next season and I'm sure a fee of around 350k would be appropriate.

No, he's not. Well, not unless there's an extension we aren't aware of.
Can't see PB letting him go anywhere.

Did not hear it myself but PB was on talk sport this morning. I am told he was talking about bringing in a couple of players in January, prompting uncle Ron no doubt. Praised Anton and Ranger. Did anyone hear the interview?

Did not hear it myself but PB was on talk sport this morning. I am told he was talking about bringing in a couple of players in January, prompting uncle Ron no doubt. Praised Anton and Ranger. Did anyone hear the interview?
must be at the top of our player budget by now, maybe two or three out on loan first eh:smile:

must be at the top of our player budget by now, maybe two or three out on loan first eh:smile:

If we don't plan to take Inniss back and return King then their would be the option of a couple of loan players. I doubt the players we would loan would save us to much as they will be the lowest paid, Williams, Bridge, and Kyp for example.

To be honest why would Wordsworth want to go to either club,Rotherham will be back in league one next season and Sheffield have decent midfielders, plus he seems very happy here at SUFC and can see that we also will soon be in the Championship.

To be honest why would Wordsworth want to go to either club,Rotherham will be back in league one next season and Sheffield have decent midfielders, plus he seems very happy here at SUFC and can see that we also will soon be in the Championship.
more money?

more money?

That is a valid reason - he may have only another 3 to 5 years earning as a professional footballer.

There is no doubt that Bramall Lane is a better ground than dear old Roots Hall and they have bigger crowds - that might be tempting for Wordy as well.

Interesting perhaps is that if I had read that he was linked with other clubs over the summer I would have said "perhaps no great loss - he has been injured a lot and not consistantly produced the form that we hoped for " but Wordy has proved himself to be a very good player so far this season and I would like to see him stay.

For me, it all goes to show that despite how good one individual may be (potentially) a team is built up as a unit and it is the balance and style of the team that is vital to let any individual player perform at their best.

Definitely a couple of players need to be shipped out, be it on loan or permanently. Hopefully we can relieve ourselves of King. Unfortunately Mooney won't be fit until February so it looks like we are stuck with him for the season.
I'd like us to look at bringing in another striker to cover for Ranger and Cox as they are both likely to pick up more injuries before the season is out as well as another centre back as I don't believe that Sokolik has what it takes to step in and provide adequate cover. Also it could prove costly throwing Ryan Innis into the side after his injury.
If we can shed ourselves of Jason Williams then great as he is conference level at best.
Loving the overall team spirit at present. The best I have seen for a good few years.

Definitely a couple of players need to be shipped out, be it on loan or permanently. Hopefully we can relieve ourselves of King. Unfortunately Mooney won't be fit until February so it looks like we are stuck with him for the season.
I'd like us to look at bringing in another striker to cover for Ranger and Cox as they are both likely to pick up more injuries before the season is out as well as another centre back as I don't believe that Sokolik has what it takes to step in and provide adequate cover. Also it could prove costly throwing Ryan Innis into the side after his injury.
If we can shed ourselves of Jason Williams then great as he is conference level at best.
Loving the overall team spirit at present. The best I have seen for a good few years.

I largely agree with what you have to say.

Another striker (permanent signing) would be fab. It has been said on Shrimperzone that this is unlikely to happen as we already have 5 strikers. Hmmmm. Well I think we can discount Williams from being capable at this level. And then we have Mooney out injured, Ranger out injured and Cox coming back from injury.

I have missed out Hines because I thought he was an attacking minded wide player but perhaps people on here might tell me different.

Anyway, it all comes down to finances of course ........... and besides certain posters on this site, there is only one person who knows what state they are really in.

Hash tag: Ronkeepshiscardsclosetohischestnowadays

That is a valid reason - he may have only another 3 to 5 years earning as a professional footballer.

There is no doubt that Bramall Lane is a better ground than dear old Roots Hall and they have bigger crowds - that might be tempting for Wordy as well.

Interesting perhaps is that if I had read that he was linked with other clubs over the summer I would have said "perhaps no great loss - he has been injured a lot and not consistantly produced the form that we hoped for " but Wordy has proved himself to be a very good player so far this season and I would like to see him stay.

For me, it all goes to show that despite how good one individual may be (potentially) a team is built up as a unit and it is the balance and style of the team that is vital to let any individual player perform at their best.

He's leading our player of the year at the moment, been outstanding.

McLaughlin not far behind and I expect him to get attention.

Not every player will look at the money side ,there are those who play for the love of the game and because they are happy at the club they are at,To play your best football you need to be happy where you are and i think Wordsworth is just that .I really dont think he would leave SUFC to go and play at the other SUFC.

Not every player will look at the money side ,there are those who play for the love of the game and because they are happy at the club they are at,To play your best football you need to be happy where you are and i think Wordsworth is just that .I really dont think he would leave SUFC to go and play at the other SUFC.

Fabulous (but slightly misguided rose tinted glasses), me thinks

Players play 'for the love of the game' also believe in father Christmas

I'd much rather have other clubs interested in our players than not as it means they are doing a good job and that only benefits the team. Having said that I'm sure Brown would fight hard to keep Woody and I'm confident the player would be quite happy to stay for the time being as we're looking like we can challenge in this league if our main players stay fit.

the other part of this is how much would sheff be willing to pay wordy, if they do go up they will be investing in their squad over the summer so they may well want to save their pennies for that.

And whilst they have a nice big modern ground that also comes with the associated running costs, so whilst they have more money than us, how much will they be willing to spend on a midfielder that they don't really need as look like they may well go up anyway

Back