• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nice way to improve your players confidence or justify an increased transfer fee........not.

This man Evans is a complete joke - if he loses his job at Rotherham (which if they are not in the mix could happen) then I struggle to see him getting another job in England.

Perhaps he could get a job in the states?:winking:

Seems to me that there are choices to be had ........... but surely it's all about the finances now.

P.S. The return of O'Keefe would be a bitter sweet event.

So is this Taylor any good?

I have been told he has all the right attributes to be a holding midfielder - but is a pretty poor passer of the ball.

But then if he could pass as well then he wouldn't be League 2.

Sounds a bit like Kalala to me but may be exactly what we need - as the Team is as good as the sum of the parts rather than the individuals. Just look at the job (unheralded) that Jon Obi Mikel is doing for Chelsea which allows the others to play with more freedom.

I really wouldn't be surpirised if we were back under an embargo after all this, although Hall moving on is a huge help.

Taylor seems a weird choice as the player who Sturrock has been after on loan. He's been playing most weeks for a team who we're compteting with so likely require a transfer fee if they were to sell him (and why else would they loan him to us?). I'd assumed that the player we were after would be someone out of favour at his current club.

We have been in negotiations with several clubs about central midfield players,” he admitted.

This is PS's last sentence on the OS 'Sturrock aims to end bad shrimps run' article.

Taylor seems a weird choice as the player who Sturrock has been after on loan. He's been playing most weeks for a team who we're compteting with so likely require a transfer fee if they were to sell him (and why else would they loan him to us?). I'd assumed that the player we were after would be someone out of favour at his current club.

Yeah a very random one, why would we approach a rival teams (in terms of same promotion push) player who is playing week in week out. It's not like we will loan him and pay big bucks come January!!! Also, why would they loan us him??? Different if he was a reserve/fringe player a la Timlin from Swindon

Surely it can't be Jason Taylor

Sean McAllister is now on trial at Port Vale and scored in their 4-0 reserve team win over Wrexham.

I don't think the fat man's position has changed, I heard this report a few days ago. I did question at the weekend, whether the humiliation we caused Rotherham on their own ground would affect our chances of signing the player we were presumably chasing hovever I don't think the article makes it any more, or any less likely that we will sign Taylor. I think that could be more down to the injury Taylor has picked up and how long he will be out for.
It sounds as if, from what PS said, we are looking at other targets.

Back