• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Just saw a glimpse of the Echo as I left the house this morning and there is talk of Jamal Campbell-Ryce coming back to us.

A winger whose best attributes have probably departed him at 33. Good business we're doing this close season!

Would be a great Brown signing. JCR's inability to provide a quality final ball can be blamed for our teams lack of goals and deflect criticism away from our inept striker tactics. JCR was a 3p player. Pace, promise and profligacy. At 33 I dare say the pace has diminished, the promise is not going to be realised and the profligacy honed to perfection. One of those players that has seemingly had a reasonable career without fully justifying it.

Smacks of panic signing this one.....won't do anything in League 1.....should have made a bigger effort to keep Worrall or even kept Hurst.....JCR is finished!

Why is yet another winger being pursued? Given that a new centre-back is a priority, I was hoping the news was going to involve Jacub Sokolik!

Jesus people why the negativity ? You know Brown signs players then plays them out of position, Phil has a plan, he will play centre back or in goal, chill out, it's going to be ok :unsure::whistling:

I still think that despite his age he has a lot to offer. From what I remember the last time he was here, his final ball was always lacking, always done the hard part, but could just never find out player with the final ball, but he must have something about him still that Phil feels can improve the squad. Maybe he will be used more as an impact sub, tired legs of the opposition with a tricky quite pacey winger could result in a few late goals.

I suspect he may try and use him to replace Payne, he can finish well actually, sitting just behind a big front man picking up knock downs and loose balls might just work.

A very disappointing potential signing. He has had a good career in the lower leagues without fulfilling any of his potential.We have had all the close season to scout targets and speak to them and if this is the best we can do then surely there must be problems at the club if we cannot sign a better player than this....

Why is yet another winger being pursued? Given that a new centre-back is a priority, I was hoping the news was going to involve Jacub Sokolik!

Are we only allowed to sign one player at a time?

According tot he Echo article JCR is only one of a few wingers we are talking to.

I was one of a few supporters that really rated JCR.

Yes his final ball was lacking but his ability to beat a man was class. He also created a lot of space for others which people did not recognise.

I'd welcome him back and he certainly has more ability than some of the dross wingers we have had over the years.

Depends on what system Brown is going to use this season. Some have said Demetriou is best as a wing back, which would negate the need for wingers, but we only have 2 centre backs at the mo. If 4-3-3 then maybe JCR could play as a front three with a striker and Mcglashan. Still, we need a quality centre back and striker as a matter of urgency.

I was one of a few supporters that really rated JCR.

Yes his final ball was lacking but his ability to beat a man was class. He also created a lot of space for others which people did not recognise.

I'd welcome him back and he certainly has more ability than some of the dross wingers we have had over the years.

His ability to beat a man was when he had pace, I would suggest he would struggle to do this now in League 1..........good in his day but people must see the now not the yesteryear

His ability to beat a man was when he had pace, I would suggest he would struggle to do this now in League 1..........good in his day but people must see the now not the yesteryear

He still looked good when he played against us at Sheffield utd away.

Feels like Brown's Plan A, B and C have failed, so he's just moved on to Plan D.

Back