• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I assume that all of the people that are moaning are basing their decisions on having watched JCR play over the last few years.

I don't believe people would be against him coming back solely based on his time here 9 years ago as that doesn't really make a lot of sense. JCR played 58 times for us , and has played 283 times since. That would be like going to a job interview and missing out the last 9 years of what you had been doing and how you had grown and improved and improved your skills- who would do that ?

Last edited:
I assume that all of the people that are moaning are basing their decisions on having watched JCR play over the last few years.

I don't believe people would be against him coming back solely based on his time here 9 years ago as that doesn't really make a lot of sense. JCR played 58 times for us , and has played 283 times since. That would be like going to a job interview and missing out the last 9 years of what you had been doing and who you had grown and improved and improved your skills- who would do that ?

Probably the same people who despite all the evidence from his time at Coventry that thought Freddie Eastwood would be anything like the player who left us.

JCR was by no means our worst player in our championship relegation season and since leaving us has had a good career playing 283 games over 6 seasons and scoring 32 goals. This shows that he has stayed largely injury free and has been able to hold down a regular place at mainly Championship or League One level.

I see from Wikipedia that at Bristol City he mainly played as a wing back in a 352 system so maybe be option if we play that formation next season.

Clearly we would be not looking to build a team around JCR but as an experienced player with an excellent injury record he would make a good squad player (especially considering the injury history of our other wingers) and offer something different from the bench.

What J.C.R. does offer is a way of holding the ball up and letting the pressure off the defence. In the past the ball was played out to him and he then spent the next 30 seconds going round in circles allowing the midfield area and our strikers (should we find ourselves with any) to get out of our penalty box ............ I'm not saying that is all that is required for us to sign him ............ but it would make a change from the hoof up the pitch and for the ball to just come back again .......... especially when we are 1-0 up and then spend 80 minutes or so clinging on to the lead ...........:whistling:

Scored that scorcher against us for Barnsley, & subsequently celebrated like a man possessed, when there wasn't any bad blood. Odd to say the least. Past it, and won't be cheap.

Back