• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Posts that contain slanderous comments or defamatory comments to other posters have been deleted from this thread. It's pretty sad that this action has been necessary but the Zone rules are quite clear on this sort of stuff. We all get a bit heated at times and that can reflect in our posts but please have respect for your fellow posters and the rules and the spirit of the Zone. thanks all.

Apparently at least six labour MP's ready to jump ship over Corbyn's leadership regarding Brexit - no great loss or something more concerning?
Apparently at least six labour MP's ready to jump ship over Corbyn's leadership regarding Brexit - no great loss or something more concerning?

Maybe Vince Cable stirring up ****e, to boost his ailing party

JC wont back a second referendum is the reason given, and why should he, the people voted Out and that's how it has to sake for the sake of democracy

Chuka and the others should have fought a better campaign to remain, rather than throw their toys out

8 point lead in opinion polls, bet the Tories wont dare go to people for an election

Maybe Vince Cable stirring up ****e, to boost his ailing party

JC wont back a second referendum is the reason given, and why should he, the people voted Out and that's how it has to sake for the sake of democracy

Chuka and the others should have fought a better campaign to remain, rather than throw their toys out

8 point lead in opinion polls, bet the Tories wont dare go to people for an election
8 point lead in 1 poll.
Was it 151 Tory MPs that voted against the PM in her no confidence vote?
If Vince can only name 6 Labour MP's that would want to join a Centrist party then he may as well not bother. That level is sub SDP and with the few Tories that would be tempted it would be a toxic brand from the off.
This has been talked about for months and talk seems to be all they have got.

I think if May's deal fails miserably (it will) and we're facing a no-deal then this may gain some traction. I can imagine centreist Tory's will also be agog at the fact of us crashing out of the EU.

There is definitely a want for a new centre left party if Labour carries on down the Corbyn route regardless of brexit IMO

There is definitely a want for a new centre left party if Labour carries on down the Corbyn route regardless of brexit IMO

I seem to remember that being tried back in the 80's with the SDP.That didn't go to well,did it? This is a total non-starter.If you want a different government to the Tories, you'll have to vote Labour (when you next get the chance).

I seem to remember that being tried back in the 80's with the SDP.That didn't go to well,did it? This is a total non-starter.If you want a different government to the Tories, you'll have to vote Labour (when you next get the chance).

It usually forces Labour or the Tories to come towards the centre in fear, in the same way UKIP has moved the Tories to the right. I don't think for one min that a party outside of the main 2 will get into government, that doesn't mean it can't influence how those parties move forward. The 80's for Labour didn't go too well did it?

It usually forces Labour or the Tories to come towards the centre in fear, in the same way UKIP has moved the Tories to the right. I don't think for one min that a party outside of the main 2 will get into government, that doesn't mean it can't influence how those parties move forward. The 80's for Labour didn't go too well did it?

No they didn't (as I said).However the idea that a new Social Democratic party is now going to emerge again from the loins of Labour is just so much nonsense.There's much more chance of a split in the Tories who are ,of course,HMG and as such are entirely responsible for the whole Brexit mess.In any case,if you look around other Social Democratic parties in Europe, there's little in the 2017 manifesto that Labour put forward to the electorate,which is particularly left-wing.

Or most of the 90's for that matter. When they did get back into power it was with a centralist party. Clues are there if you care to look.

Or most of the 90's for that matter. When they did get back into power it was with a centralist party. Clues are there if you care to look.

Labour is now the largest Social Democrat party in Europe with a mass membership that the Tories can only dream of.All the young people who've joined Labour since Corbyn was elected leader didn't join up because they wanted "a centralist party." If they'd wanted that they could have joned the LIB/Dems. Wait a minute. :Whistling:

Back