• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Find it funny those he think he cannot win an election, seem to write a lot about him, is it a form of flattery by you people

UTS

people write a lot about him because he's the leader of the opposition! that in itself comes with a lot of scrutiny. people who write/care about politics will focus a lot of attention on anyone on the front benches, especially the one being put forward to be Prime Minister.

but i don't think he could ever get close to winning a general election

Corbyn will probably do better in by-elections because of the low turnout and his followers seem quite devout, but overall he's in trouble. The polls are horrific and the timing of Paris couldn't have been much worse for him. UKIP profile better somewhere like Oldham than an Islington liberal and a strong UKIP showing could, unfortunately, resurrect UKIP - what a legacy that would be for Corbyn.

I think Labour hold on, but UKIP are the story.

i'd imagine any Tories who fancy a tactical vote will turn out for Corbyn, they'd keep him as leader forever if they could.

i would imagine most of Labour's vote all throughout Corbyn's leadership will be the devout as Labour supporters who don't back Corbyn will likely scale back their support: people who usually knock on doors will vote but not campaign, voters may stay at home etc etc. I think we'll see the same in London.

some Labour voters who want Corbyn gone may even vote for another party and given the big majority, low turn out of a December by-election and the rise of UKIP he's got a lot to lose

Betfair have Trump shorter odds to win the Presidency than Corbyn to win the next General Election.

Ladbrokes have him at longer than evens to even be Labour leader next General Election.

I am an interventionist, I have always thought that democracy should be imposed throughout the world (which is probably an oxymoron).
But I would say that Cameron's show of strength speech sounded about as weak and lacking in conviction as it is possible to be. In comparison I think Corbyn is talking a lot of sense in the lack of a coherent plan that Cameron is offering.

Corbyn:

"Our first priority must be the security of Britain and the safety of the British people. The issue now is whether what the PM is proposing strengthens, or undermines, our national security.
"I do not believe that the PM today made a convincing case that extending UK bombing to Syria would meet that crucial test. Nor did it satisfactorily answer the questions raised by us and the Foreign Affairs Committee.
"In particular, the PM did not set out a coherent strategy, coordinated through the UN for the defeat of ISIS. Nor has he been able to explain what credible and acceptable ground forces could retake and hold territory freed from ISIS control by an intensified air campaign.
"In my view, the PM has been unable to explain the contribution of additional UK bombing to a comprehensive negotiated political settlement of the Syrian civil war, or its likely impact on the threat of terrorist attacks in the UK.
"For these, and other reasons, I do not believe the PM's current proposal for air strikes in Syria will protect our security and therefore cannot support it."

I am an interventionist, I have always thought that democracy should be imposed throughout the world (which is probably an oxymoron).
But I would say that Cameron's show of strength speech sounded about as weak and lacking in conviction as it is possible to be. In comparison I think Corbyn is talking a lot of sense in the lack of a coherent plan that Cameron is offering.

Corbyn:

"Our first priority must be the security of Britain and the safety of the British people. The issue now is whether what the PM is proposing strengthens, or undermines, our national security.
"I do not believe that the PM today made a convincing case that extending UK bombing to Syria would meet that crucial test. Nor did it satisfactorily answer the questions raised by us and the Foreign Affairs Committee.
"In particular, the PM did not set out a coherent strategy, coordinated through the UN for the defeat of ISIS. Nor has he been able to explain what credible and acceptable ground forces could retake and hold territory freed from ISIS control by an intensified air campaign.
"In my view, the PM has been unable to explain the contribution of additional UK bombing to a comprehensive negotiated political settlement of the Syrian civil war, or its likely impact on the threat of terrorist attacks in the UK.
"For these, and other reasons, I do not believe the PM's current proposal for air strikes in Syria will protect our security and therefore cannot support it."

Let's hope he can convince the PLP and the Shadow Cabinet too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-34939109

Charlie Stayt interviewed Diane Abbott on BBC Breakfast this morning over the vote by shadow Cabinet Ministers on Syria. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I got the impression that she was telling her colleagues to do what she and Jeremy Corbyn told them. Ok, that was only my interpretation of the interview, but it did feel a bit 'big brotherish' to me, rather than being about a democratic debate yet to be had at the weekend.

Charlie Stayt interviewed Diane Abbott on BBC Breakfast this morning over the vote by shadow Cabinet Ministers on Syria. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I got the impression that she was telling her colleagues to do what she and Jeremy Corbyn told them. Ok, that was only my interpretation of the interview, but it did feel a bit 'big brotherish' to me, rather than being about a democratic debate yet to be had at the weekend.

The only thing about Abbott which I find interesting,does she wear a wig!

Let's hope he can convince the PLP and the Shadow Cabinet too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-34939109

Why hope? That makes it sound like you wouldn't back military action at all, ever. But even Corduroy has said he'd back action if it can be proven to be in Britain's best interest. So, all he has said is that Camerscum needs to rethink his plan, not give up on the idea completely.

Unless of course Corduroy is playing politics and is just saying that, and will keep saying that regardless of the arguments put forward?

Why hope? That makes it sound like you wouldn't back military action at all, ever. But even Corduroy has said he'd back action if it can be proven to be in Britain's best interest. So, all he has said is that Camerscum needs to rethink his plan, not give up on the idea completely.

Unless of course Corduroy is playing politics and is just saying that, and will keep saying that regardless of the arguments put forward?

For once I agree with Jezza,bombing them is stupid and futile,it will only achieve minor success whilst acting as the recruiting sergeant for IS.

Back