• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought he was useless to be honest, i was amazed that Palace extended his contract and was pleased he didn't end up back with us after it was rumoured he was coming back.

I agree that he did look better as a centre back but that wouldn't have taken much because i thought he was hopeless at full back.

He is certainly better as a centre back than left back as he was prone to being caught out of position many a time if our attack broke down. However he may well have improved during his time with the Brewers

Made his debut at left back yesterday. Absolute gash. Worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Made his debut at left back yesterday. Absolute gash. Worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

I can only remember him having one decent game at LB here and ironically it was his debut. After that his better performances always came as a CB

As some have rightly pointed out he had far more potential as a CB, certainly tall enough but he himself does not want to play in that position.

He is the sort of person ( I have met him) who will need a couple of games to settle in. The worst aspect of his game was when he had time on the ball. At CB he had much less time so he would knock a first time simple pass and looked very comfortable. The more time he had out wide the worse his pass became and some of his attempts at crossing were shocking. Yet if he run out of room by reaching the by-line then he would somehow pull back a decent cross.

One thing is for certain if like our West stand you decide to hate him from the start then you won't do yourselves or him any favours. Like many of our young players his best performances were away from home.

Signed for Peterborough permanently, undisclosed fee say Posh, free transfer say Palace.

Peterborough seem to sign young 'PL-trained' players thinking they've some how been mishandled or their abilities ignored... doesn't seem to be working out for them though!

Peterborough seem to sign young 'PL-trained' players thinking they've some how been mishandled or their abilities ignored... doesn't seem to be working out for them though!

Yeah that seems to be their new strategy. They had far more success when paying for the best non league talent

So Posh have now got Shaquille Coulthirst and Jerome Binbag-Williams on permanent deals.

Two of the least inspiring Southend loan signings ever. Rather them than us....

They must be seriously desperate. Would have been hugely disappointed if Phil had got him back.

I quite liked Binnom-Williams to be honest. Part of several teams that won some memorable games. Portsmouth and Oxford away to name a few. Always gave his all for us. Good luck to the lad, good move for him.

Last edited:
If we had re-signed him on loan then I'd have been underwhelmed, but he's got potential and on a permanent deal there's potential to make a lot of money on him in the future. Can't fault what he did for us, wasn't outstanding but did a good job, often out of his preferred position.

If we had re-signed him on loan then I'd have been underwhelmed, but he's got potential and on a permanent deal there's potential to make a lot of money on him in the future. Can't fault what he did for us, wasn't outstanding but did a good job, often out of his preferred position.
He wanted to play left back but PB thought he was much better at CB. Which he was. If he was prepared to move into the CB role, then PB would have considered a further loan. His name was in the frame to cover for Coker last January, but we managed to upgrade and get Hendrie instead.

He wanted to play left back but PB thought he was much better at CB. Which he was. If he was prepared to move into the CB role, then PB would have considered a further loan. His name was in the frame to cover for Coker last January, but we managed to upgrade and get Hendrie instead.

I liked him better in the middle than at LB to be fair as well.

Back